FINANCE / ACCOUNTING CLERK
Finance / Accounting Clerk
Under the direct supervision of the Financial Management Specialist or other administrator, to provide accounting, clerical, and secretarial assistance in the accounting department.
- Request Federal Reimbursement for Federal Programs (TITLE’S, IDEA, CARES, ETC)
- Update Director of Federal Programs regarding Federal Grant Awards Spending
- Contact Person for Bookkeepers
- Assist School Bookkeepers in SFO, bill payment, bank reconciliations, etc.
- Update School Activity Funds Handbook
- Cross Train for specific payroll duties such as Leave to serve as a backup when needed
- Perform data entry of invoices as needed
- Assist in accuracy verification of invoice data entry
- Communicate with vendors via phone, email, mail or personally
- Research and resolution of payment discrepancies or vendor/employee queries
- Log incoming checks in log book
- Prepare bi-monthly bank deposit list
- Assist in download and entry of state and federal receipts
- Assist in maintaining accounts payable files
- Special projects as needed
- Maintain extremely high level of confidentiality of employee files and financial information
- Perform other duties as needed related to Accounts Payable, including clerical duties
Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the accounting department.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, copy machine, fax machine, telephone.
Limited travel to and from meetings may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Eye for detail and accuracy imperative
- Experience with accounting software packages
- Ability to process paperwork accurately according to standardized procedures
- Possess organizational and time management skills
- Ability to analyze and problem solve job related issues
- Must be team oriented
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite -- Word, Excel, Powerpoint, the Internet, Outlook, electronic mail)
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals -- possess great customer service and communication skills
- Sense of urgency
- Stress tolerable
- Knowledge of office management procedures.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Graduation from high school.
- Associate's Degree preferred.
- Successful experience with office management preferred.