Home Study Teacher (Part Time)
Job | Posted 9 days ago
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, follows USBE Core Standards and Tooele County School District objectives to develop students' skills in general study areas.
- Prepares students for college and career readiness.
- Develops and administers general education curriculum consistent with the Utah State Board of Education (USBE) and Tooele County School District (TCSD) goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences to develop pertinent sequential assignments, challenge students, and best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in the conventional standards of general areas of study.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs and English language learners (ELL).
- Maintains familiarity with district and USBE standardized tests for the purpose of adapting curriculum to maximize student achievement on such tests.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings, professional learning communities and committees.
- Selects appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records, following district protocol.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of general studies, conventional standards, word usage, word denotations and connotations, spelling, literature and other content areas taught.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with whom they come in contact with during the course of work. Professionalism is expected when addressing and interacting with the public.
Works in standard office and school building environments.
Applicants must have a current Utah teaching license or have the ability to obtain a current Utah teaching license as outlined by the guidelines of the Utah State Board of Education (USBE).
- USBE License Level: Acceptance to ARL; Level 1; Level 2; or Level 3
- USBE License Area: Secondary Education (6-12)
- Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own transportation.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Masters Degree in related area preferred.
Successful prior teaching experience or student teaching.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Part Time, paid over 12 months
Certified Salary Schedule Level A
Not Benefit eligible
Tooele County School District
92 South Lodestone Way, Tooele, UT 84074
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $7,571
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 22.85
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 338