Must hold a license issued by Virginia Department of Education.
The license must be in Collegiate Professional License.
The license position area must be in English as a Second Language (EFL/ELL/ESL/ESOL).
The license must be in one of the following grades: Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th.
The license status must be active.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES: • Performs initial and reevaluation referrals for psychological and educational testing for children preschool through high school; complete necessary written reports within 48 hours of the scheduled eligibility meeting;
• Works closely with teachers, parents and administrators and assisting with developing behavioral management strategies and classroom modifications;
• Performs Individual Education Plan (IEP) counseling as appropriate;
• Serves as team member on all eligibility meetings; attends child study meetings as requested by child study chair and parents; attends IEP meetings as requested by administrators, teachers and parents;
• Conducts training and staff development in areas related to school psychology for teachers, administrators and parents when requested;
• Serves as Family Assessment and Planning Team school representative- responsible for staffing ½ of school cases; case staffing includes completing CAFAS profile, UM review forms, family service planning chart and attending monthly meetings;
• Be available for counseling and intervention during times of crisis (to include, but not limited to, the death of a student or staff member);
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Pupil Personnel.
• Conducts an annual “Child Find” which includes community awareness and screenings in the areas of hearing, vision, cognition, adaptive, and motor development. This is coordinated with the Head Start program and the Health Department. Collaboration with Head Start on “Child Find”, programming, and transitioning.
• Member of the Local Advisory Committee. Informs members about the Early Childhood Program and the “Child Find” activities.
• Serves on the Coordinating Council for District 19 Infant Program in Petersburg, Va. which meets quarterly. Serves on a yearly committee. Performs such other duties and assume such other responsibilities as assigned by the building principal, or designee.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Sussex County School Board is an equal opportunity employer; as such, it does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, political affiliation, handicapping condition, or sex in its educational programs or employment. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any impairment which is unrelated to the ability to engage in activities involved in the position or program to which application has been made.