Division Instructional Technology Supervisor- 12 months
Job | Posted 17 days ago
FREDERICKSBURG CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS JOB DESCRIPTIONTITLE: DIVISION INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY SUPERVISOR - 12 MONTHS
Under the supervision of the Chief Information Officer, this position provides support and technical assistance to the instructional technology programs and oversees the Instructional Technology Resources Teachers or Instructional Technology Coaches. The Instructional Technology Supervisor assists in the identification of appropriate resources which complement the schools' instructional programs and provides professional development opportunities. The Instructional Technology Supervisor serves as a liaison to the Department of Teaching and Learning and assists in the implementation of administrative and instructional applications. The Instructional Technology Supervisor will also assist in the analysis of data and make contributions to the school systems annual instructional reports.
The following Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Performance Responsibilities are given by way of example, and are not intended to be all inclusive and are not set forth in order of importance.
Master’s degree in Instructional Technology, Curriculum & Instruction or like certification preferred.
- A valid Virginia teacher certificate.
- Minimum 3 years of successful classroom teaching experience
- Advanced technical proficiency in the use of Windows OS, iOS, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Office 365, and various instructional software programs.
- Familiarity with instructional programs and the management and training of those programs.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Demonstrate the leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with students, teachers, administrators, and parents.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in professional development and planning.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of instructional technology.
- Demonstrate ability to assess individual needs and performance.
- Demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of written and verbal communication.
- Familiar with the International Baccalaureate program and can support faculty and administrators in the integration of educational technology into the IB curriculum.
REPORTS TO: Chief Information Officer
- Oversee Instructional Technology Resource Teachers.
- Oversee instructional program implementation including, but not limited to, on-going training and support.
- Collaborate with Department of Teaching and Learning about instructional technology programming.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the school division’s Comprehensive Plan.
- Collaborate with instructional leaders to determine appropriate use of instructional technology at the various levels and subject areas.
- Serve as a resource to the Department of Teaching and Learning regarding analysis of instructional data.
- Provide assistance to teachers and staff with the integration of technology into all aspects of the curriculum.
- Coordinate and provide staff development for the integration of instructional technology into the curriculum.
- Represent the district instructional technology program to the public through newsletters, workshops, and other online and offline presentations.
- Review and evaluate new commercial instructional software and ancillary materials, as they become available. Communicate such evaluations to the instructional leaders of the division.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of instructional software utilized in the division.
- Provide assistance to school personnel with the use of key programs.
- Provide instructional technology needs assessment information.
- Attend conferences as required to stay abreast of current trends in instructional technology.
- Perform other duties as required.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 Months
EVALUATION: Performance in this job will be evaluated in accordance with school board policy and administrative regulations of
Fredericksburg Public Schools
210 Ferdinand Street, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,724
% ELL Students
State Average: 9%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.22
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 801