Teacher Assistant (Virtual)
Posted 7 months ago
To provide instructional assistance virtually to students in the educational setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrives and leaves the workplace on time and dresses appropriately for the assigned school setting.
- Types, duplicates and complies instructional materials.
- Distributes and collect papers, workbooks, and other materials for instruction.
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning.
- May administer, score, and record achievement and/or diagnostic tests and data from individual students.
- Assists with the supervision of students during emergency drills, assemblies, field trips, and other school functions.
- Assists with the supervision of students during arrival, dismissal, at buses, on playgrounds, in hallways and in the lunchrooms as assigned by the building administrator.
- Assists in the preparation and assimilation of materials for school displays/public relations.
- Assumes responsibility for knowing and following school safety rules and proper procedures for crisis management
- Adheres to the requirements of confidentiality regarding student information
- Models mutual respect and appropriate behavior in interacting with students;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the building administrator.
Physical Requirements: The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands; occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling, some climbing and balancing, some stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling, and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 20% sitting, 40% walking, and 40% standing.
- High school or general equivalency diploma;
- A Highly Qualified Paraprofessional as defined by the state of Tennessee in ONE of the following ways before being hired:
- Completed at least 48 college semester hours- The state equates 48 semester hours (including remedial courses), as the equivalent of two years of college. Developmental courses may count toward the 48 hours. The state DOES NOT require the coursework or associate’s degree be in any specific subject or field. The nature of the coursework or degree is left to the discretion of the school system. HOWEVER, the coursework MUST have been obtained from an accredited institution of higher education;
- Obtained an associate’s degree or higher; OR
- Pass the Praxis ParaPro Assessment as the statewide test for paraprofessionals prior to being hired.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: