Job | Posted 6 days ago
|POSITION TITLE: MIDDLE SCHOOL ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 month 261 days
REPORTS TO: Principal
Provides assistance to the principal in the operation of the total school program, AND
To help students understand their abilities, aptitudes and interests in light of the opportunities and demands they experience presently or may experience in the future.
Applicant must have:
1. Postgraduate License with endorsement in Admin. And Supervision PK-12.
2. Five years of successful teaching experience preferred, two years of successful full-time teaching experience or two years of experience in school counseling
3. Demonstrated the professional and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with students, parents, school personnel and members of the community.
4. Demonstrated strong organizational and leadership skills
- Assists the principal in the overall administration of the school.
- Serves as principal in the principal's absence.
- Assists in preparation of class schedules and extra-curricular activities
- Assists in the preparation of student schedules.
- Works with department heads and faculty in compiling the annual budget requests.
- Helps to requisition supplies, textbooks, and equipment, conducting inventories, maintaining records, and checking on receipts for such material.
- Cooperates in the conducting of safety inspections and safety drill practice activities.
- Coordinates transportation, custodial, cafeteria, and other support services.
- Reports and monitors student attendance and works with the attendance supervisor for investigative follow- up actions.
- Assists in maintaining discipline throughout the student body, and deals with special cases as necessary, all the while affording students due process rights.
- Serves with parent, faculty and student groups as requested in advancing educational and related activities and objectives.
- Performs such record-keeping functions as the principal may direct.
- Assists in the evaluation of staff members and support personnel.
- Assists in maintaining favorable relationships with local community groups and individuals to foster understanding and to solicit support for overall school objectives and programs.
- Assists in maintaining and controlling the various local funds generated by student activity.
- Works directly with the special education team to facilitate meetings when a disability is suspected, assists in coordinating services, reviews IEPs, develops caseloads, and supports transition from Part C to Part B.
- Attends special events held to recognize student achievement and attends school sponsored activities, functions, and athletic events
- Assists in the development, revision, and evaluation of curriculum.
- Assists in fostering good inter-personal relationships among students and staff.
- Keeps abreast of trends, developments, and research as they relate to education and school operation
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as the principal may from time to time assign.
- Dresses in an appropriate manner that is considered well-groomed.
- Coordinates the school testing program.
- Abides by and enforces all Middlesex County School Board policies and regulations.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
While the following tasks are necessary for the work of the unit, they are not an essential part of the purpose of this position and may also be performed by other unit members.
• Performs other duties as directed
Data Utilization: Requires the ability to review, classify, categorize, prioritize and/or analyze data and/or information. Ability to create data analysis.
Human Interaction: Requires the ability to maintain a cordial and effective relationship with visitors and clients.
Verbal Aptitude: Requires the ability to utilize a wide variety of reference, descriptive, and/or advisory data and information.
Mathematical Aptitude: Requires the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division; ability to calculate decimals and percentages; may require ability to utilize principles of fractions and/or interpret graphs.
Functional Reasoning: Requires the ability to exercise independent judgment to apply facts and principles for developing approaches and techniques to problem resolution.
The Middlesex County Public School District will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to allow them to perform the essential functions of the job when such individuals request an accommodation.
Performance on this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on evaluation of personnel.
Middlesex County Schools
2911 General Puller Highway, Saluda, VA 23149
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,724
% ELL Students
State Average: 9%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.22
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 801