SCHOOL DIRECTOR- ENTHEOS ACADEMY, KEARNS
Entheos Academy, Kearns is a very successful, stable, older charter school in the Salt Lake Valley, with a fantastic school culture! Entheos is currently restructuring its administrative team to include a separate School Director for each campus, who work under the guidance of the Executive Director. In response to this change, Entheos is seeking a School Director specifically for its Kearns campus. Entheos Academy, Kearns serves a K-8 student community of approximately 575 students. We have a diverse student body, with many English Learner students, families who are economically challenged, and a significant number of students who receive Special Education services. We outperform the district in our academic scores, and are focused on implementing the EL Learning (Expeditionary Learning) model of project based education. We have a very strong emphasis on Service Learning which is embedded throughout the educational experience. We are seeking an individual who has an attitude of service, lots of energy and enthusiasm, and a desire to learn.
Job Description: The School Director is responsible for all operations of the school and will be required to ensure Utah Rules and Statutes related to education are followed. The Director will work under the supervision of the Executive Director and answer to the Entheos School Board. This position is responsible for carrying out the following school priorities:
1. Understand and become fully committed to the Entheos Mission and Values. a. Recruit, hire and manage a staff who are willing and able to carryout the school’s mission and be models of school values. b. Measure procedures and practices against the mission, values and policies. c. Inspire a school culture that clearly embraces the Entheos Vision.
2. Fully implement school programming as outlined in the Entheos Charter. a. Be conversant with key elements of the USBE approved Entheos Charter. b. Oversee state testing and state reporting requirements and make certain Entheos’ Charter goals are met and exceeded. c. Implement school programs as described in the charter. d. Enforce existing school policies and carryout school board directives.
3. Assume responsibility for the full implementation of the EL Education school-wide design. a. Maintain a professional development plan that adequately prepares all staff to be successful EL Education teachers. b. Design and carryout staff evaluation using EL Benchmarks and the 10 Design Principles. c. Become nationally known as an EL Education Credentialed School d. Work closely with EL school designers and national staff to ensure 100% implementation of this powerful teaching model. e. Work closely with other Entheos campuses to ensure continuity.
4. Oversee finances. a. Administer the annual budget with yearly surpluses. b. Secure financial resources such as grants, sponsors and donations.
5. Oversee facilities planning and management.
6. Implement the established school discipline program that aligns with the Charter/Vision.
7. Work closely with the Parent Crew Organization (PCO) especially the PCO Head and the Board advisor over the Organization.
Compensation: • Great salary and retirement benefits. • Superior retirement plan. • Fully paid Professional Development with Expeditionary Learning Schools including one-on-one, on-sight technical assistance with EL staff, regional and national training institutes.