Reading Specialist Title I Teacher 2020-2021
Job | Posted 16 days ago
Job Summary: The employee provides expert attention to the needs of students in the area of literacy.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides leadership in developing the school’s literacy plan.
- Provides leadership and training in implementing district-wide literacy assessments.
- Provides leadership and training in recording and reporting literacy assessment results.
- Provides leadership and training in interpreting literacy assessment results to inform instruction.
- Provides leadership and service in the diagnosis of literacy problems and the development of interventions to address identified problems.
- Plans for and delivers direct literacy services to students identified for intervention.
- Plans for and oversees direct literacy services provided by assigned paraeducator(s).
- Maintains records of intervention services to students.
- Maintains an inventory of specialized materials for literacy testing and intervention.
- Selects and provides appropriate reading materials for reading resource students and shares materials with classroom teachers.
- Assists teachers and parents in understanding the nature of students’ reading problems and intervention techniques.
- Coordinates literacy workshops for classroom teachers and parents.
- Provides student reports of literacy intervention progress to classroom teachers and parents.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the principal or designee
- Thorough knowledge of subject taught.
- Thorough knowledge of elementary, secondary or special education principles, practices and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and methodology of effective teaching.
- Thorough knowledge of school division rules, regulations and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain standards of behavior.
- Ability to deliver articulate oral presentations and written reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, students, administration, and parents.
How to Apply: Click on the link below. Follow all instructions to complete a Licensed Application.
Spotsylvania County Public Schools
6717 Smith Station Road , Spotsylvania, VA 22553
At the following locations
Berkeley Elementary School
5979 Partlow Road , Spotsylvania, VA 22551
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,724
% ELL Students
State Average: 9%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.22
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 801