The School Board of Richmond County Public Schools invites applications and nominations for the position of Superintendent.The anticipated start date is February 1, 2021.
Richmond County is situated on the Northern Neck Peninsula in the eastern portion of Virginia.The Rappahannock River forms the southern boundary of this 192 square mile community.The incorporated town of Warsaw is located at the intersection of U.S. Route 360 and State Route 3. This strategic location makes the town of Warsaw the commercial hub for the Northern Neck and enables easy access to the major metropolitan areas located in eastern Virginia. Richmond County is 50 miles northeast of the city of Richmond and 120 miles southeast of Washington, D.C.
Richmond County is home to one preschool, elementary/middle school and one high school. The student enrollment of approximately 1,250 is supported by 101 teachers.The 2020-2021 operating budget is $15,909,802.
- Candidate has teaching, administrative, and/or assistant superintendent/superintendent experience.
- Doctorate preferred.
- Visionary, creative thinker, who is a team player comfortable with making decisions on behalf of the School Board.
- Excellent organizational skills and must be able to communicate effectively with staff, students and community.
- Assures accessibility, consistency and maintains a high profile in the schools and community.
- Effectively advocates school issues, needs, funding and facility planning.
- Successful experience as an administrator with a professional background that includes finance, instruction, strategic planning and is familiar with Virginia school law.
- Must qualify for the “Eligibility List of Superintendents” in Virginia.
- The candidate selected for the position must be willing to relocate to the area.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications