Cybersecurity Systems Technology Teacher
Job | Posted 20 days ago
Cybersecurity Systems Technology Teacher
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to develop students' skills and competence in business and industry, technical skills, the use of technology, and the ability to problem-solve in a variety of settings.
Essential Performance Responsibilities
- Develops and administers trade & industrial education curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives; develops units to be delivered in the classroom or technology lab.
- Teaches skill and knowledge in configuration of PC's/components and peripherals, installation of hardware and software, and performance of system upgrades.
- Prepares students for attainment of CompTIA and MTA industry certifications.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials, and utilizes appropriate equipment for subject area; translates lesson plans into learning experiences to develop pertinent sequential assignments, challenge students, and best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Designs learning activities to demonstrate the application of technical skills.
- Instructs students in the proper and safe use, care and storage of tools, machines, and equipment.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members for the purpose of maximizing the uses and effectiveness of technology in student learning activities.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records; ensures machines and equipment are in proper working order.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- In-depth knowledge of, and ability to use, MS Office Standard (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) 2003 and 2007.
- Knowledge of PC and MAC hardware and software.
- Knowledge of a wide range of industrial, technical and technology-related subject areas, as well as best practices in incorporating technology into student learning activities.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office and school building environments.
Must hold or be eligible for a Virginia Teaching License with an endorsement in Computer Science, Computer Science Specialist, Networking, Business & Information Technology, Electronics Technology, Computer Repair Technology, Computer Systems Technology, and/or Computer Technology.
Must hold or be eligible for CompTIA A+ 220-1001 & 220-1002 and CompTIA IT Fundamentals certifications.
Technical Professional License:
Have four years of related work experience at the management or supervisory level or equivalent or have a combination of four years of training and work experience at the management or supervisory level or equivalent.
Hold bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
Terms of Employment:
- Salary Range: $46,350 - $77,641 ($2,944 Additional for Master’s Degree)
- Contract: 10 Months
- Benefits: Employer Portion Paid Retirement, Life Insurance, Contribution to Medical Insurance, Personal and Sick Leave
FLSA Status: Exempt