Pharmacy Technician Teacher (Part-time)
Applicant: Pharmacy Technician Teacher
CTE / Pharmacy Technician Teacher
Under the general supervision of the School Principal and CTE Director, follows USBE and Tooele County School District standards and objectives to prepare students for careers in Pharmacy Technician by providing opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors needed through character development, creative and critical thinking, interpersonal communication, and practical knowledge.
- Prepares students for college and career readiness.
- Develops and administers Pharmacy Technician curriculum consistent with the Utah State Board of Education (USBE), American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), and Tooele County School District (TCSD) goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Teaches knowledge and skills following the pathways in Pharmacy Tech.
- Prepares appropriate instructional aids and display materials to enhance learning.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research, and by maintaining professional relationships with members of the business community.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Uses appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records and maintains a clean and safe shop environment.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Use standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Travels to school district buildings, student competitions, and professional meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of pharmacy technician education curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Work in standard office and school building environments.
Applicants must have a current Utah teaching license or have the ability to obtain a current Utah teaching license as outlined by the guidelines of the Utah State Board of Education (USBE).
- USBE License Level: Acceptance to ARL; Level 1; Level 2; or Level 3
- USBE License Area: Secondary Education (6-12)
- USBE Endorsements and ASHP Endorsements: Pharmacy Technician
- Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own transportation.
- Preference will be given to individuals with concurrent enrollment teaching qualifications for Pharmacy Tech.
- Bachelor's from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician (minimum)
- Pharmacist License preferred.
Successful prior teaching experience or student teaching experience for the appropriate content area and grade level preferred.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Part time (.5 FTE), 187 day, paid over 12 months
Certified Salary Schedule