Behavior Interventionist for the 2020-2021 School Year
Job Summary: Highly qualified Behavior Intervention Specialist with knowledge and skills necessary to assist individuals, groups and systems through the application of positive behavior supports. The Behavior Specialist helps coordinate Functional Assessments of Behavior and Behavior Intervention Plan that address students’ inappropriate behaviors and provide a means to help the students become more academically successful. Behavior Intervention Specialist also provides classroom and school-wide behavior management strategies.
Essential Functions: Essential Functions:
• Minimum of five years successful elementary classroom teaching experience in which the teaching of “at risk” and/or “behaviorally challenged” students was an important responsibility for the position.
• Expert knowledge of function-based intervention planning for developing behavior change strategies that focuses on reducing problem behavior and increasing more appropriate behavior.
• Expert knowledge of techniques needed to successfully complete effective Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA), function –based interventions, and Behavior Intervention Plans (BIP).
• Exceptional knowledge in the use of assessment and assessment data to inform instruction and prescribe work plans for individual students.
• Expert knowledge in research based instructional strategies and ability to implement them effectively
• Exceptional knowledge in the use of technology to support instruction
• Demonstrate ability to plan and evaluate strategies for improving instruction
• Ascribes to the philosophy that all children can succeed and demonstrates the commitment to do what is necessary to make this a reality
• Demonstrates exceptional skill in the roles of a teacher leader: collaborator, action researcher, reflective practitioner, and learner advocate
Applicant should hold or be eligible for a Virginia Collegiate Professional or Post-Graduate Professional License with a specific endorsement in the area to which assigned;
Applicant with teaching experience must have an acceptable rating from such teaching;
Candidate must be a graduate of an accredited college or university;
Possess or be eligible to acquire appropriate license(s) and/or endorsement(s) for position as required by the Commonwealth of Virginia and School Board.
Salary: This is a 10 month position; starting salary $44,000 (bachelor's degree). Additional compensation awarded for credits earned toward advanced degrees. New employees to Spotsylvania County will be compensated for up to 20 years of experience.
How to Apply: Follow all instructions to complete a Licensed application