Title: CURRICULUM SPECIALIST
The position is responsible for planning, developing, directing, and supporting all efforts associated with academic support programs.
Applicant must have:
- Knowledge of the Every Student Succeeds Act 2015, the Virginia Standards of Learning, knowledge of the Virginia Assessment program and its impact on students;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the performance responsibilities and principles of effective techniques for instruction for all students;
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge regarding instructional best practices to include VPI PreK initiatives through grade 12;
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with school division personnel, to collaborate with administrative and instructional staff;
- Demonstrate professionalism when working with others;
- Demonstrate the responsibility for analyzing data to evaluate program effectiveness and arranging in-service training;
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Hold a postgraduate professional license in School Administration or Curriculum and Instruction
- 5 years experience as a teacher
- 3 years in building leadership role (AP or Principal) - Preferred
- Have demonstrated professional and personal characteristics for working effectively with school personnel and members of the community.
- Possess high moral standards and integrity?
Executive Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- Support staff in the use and implementation of district wide platforms/programs of classroom testing instruments.
- Serve as a consultant in the selection of instructional supplies, equipment, and books.
- Assist in the planning professional development for division as well as school related needs to help raise the level of instructional performance.
- Recommend ways in which the curriculum can be adjusted to meet the special learning needs of exceptional children.
- Assist in researching new topics related to curriculum development.
- Participate in ongoing curriculum development projects.
- Represent school division at instructional meetings and report necessary information back to key stakeholders
- Assist in communicating the approved curriculum to the professional staff and maintain a list of approved instructional materials.
- Assist schools in coordinating after school remediation, project graduation, and summer school.
- Support the Executive Director of Curriculum and Instruction in working with teacher committees to coordinate grade level and department meetings for horizontal and vertical continuity throughout the instructional program.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Executive Director of Curriculum and Instruction or Division Superintendent.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Considerable skill in the use of computer technology and data analysis in performance of tests;
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, school personnel, and members of the community;
- Demonstrate positive school-community relations;
- Ability to prepare required written reports including clear and concise reporting;
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic statistics preferred;
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to develop and implement projects.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and conflicting time constraints.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to leadership, performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work
Terms of Employment:
Teacher 12 month scale
Performance on this job will be evaluated in accordance with School Board policy and administrative regulations on evaluation of administrative personnel.FLSA Status: Exempt