Substitute Teacher - 2020/2021 School Year
Substitute Teacher Positions
Substitute teaching positions are for those applicants who desire to work on a temporary "call-in" basis to cover for contractual employees in a teaching position.
Requirements for the Position: (application will not be considered complete until all items are received)
- Completion of an online application
- Provide proof of a minimum of 60 semester hours of college credit (This can be done by providing a copy of a transcript, copy of college diploma, or a copy of a teaching license)
- Three (3) written references MUST be submitted
- Applicant shlould be available to work at least three (3) days per week
The requirement of criminal and social service background checks are required for all positions within the Colonial Heights Public Schools. There are no exceptions to this requirement.
Daily Pay Rates:
- Substitute Teachers with a Bachelor's Degree or higher are paid at a rate of $75 per day
- Substitute Teachers with the minimum of 60 semester hours are paid at a rate of $65 per day
Hiring Dates for New Substitutes:
- Applicants will be hired during the months of September-November 2020 and January-March 2021 based on division needs