USD SUBSTITUTE 2020/2021 School Year
UINTAH SCHOOL DISTRICT SUBSTITUTE 2020/2021 School Year
POSITION: Uintah School District Substitute 2020/2021
Will work under the supervision of the school principal following the work schedule of the regular employee. Location and schedule will vary based on need and substitute's selections.
ALL New Substitutes for Uintah School District are required to attend the Basic Substitute Training course before starting their first sub job. This course training is held at UBTech at the cost of $8.00. The link to register is > https://portal.ubtech.edu/Portal/Courses/List?key=22. Please see the following dates for the training course (you only need to attend one): Please sign up online or one day prior to scheduled training date. No same day registration will be permitted.
BASIC SUBSTITUTE TRAINING
October 6, 2020 - 8:00am - 12:00pm
Additional course training is available to step up in the pay scale upon completion: Please see the following title and dates:
Please sign up online or one day prior to scheduled training date. No same day registration will be permitted.
CERTIFIED SUBSTITUTE TRAINING:
October 7, 2020 8:00am - 12:00pm
District Expectations for Substitutes:
• Check in at the beginning of each job with location's secretaries;
• Understand and use web-based AESOP substitute finder system;
• Flexibility to accept substitute jobs on a first-come-first-serve basis;
• Comply with absent teacher’s lesson plans and instructional materials;
• Ensure every student’s learning;
• Monitor behavior of students; report and leave feedback for teacher;
• Prepare and submit a summary of his/her work and update the teacher of situations or problems encountered;
• Ensure students’ physical and emotional well-being;
• Comply with all building and district procedures and schedules;
• Help foster a positive school and district culture;
• Maintain confidentiality regarding students;
• Establish rapport with students, parents, colleagues, and faculty;
• Meet with principal or supervisor regarding any questions or concerns about the lesson plan or rules;
• Improve public support and confidence;
• Perform all essential job duties and responsibilities.
• Must be 21 years of age or older;
• Must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent;
• Must be willing to complete and pass a background check;**
• Must have proof of degrees, college credit, or license to be placed on the Correct pay scale;
• Must be willing to complete USD Basic Substitute Training Course at UBTech.**
Your application will be complete when you provide the following with your online application:
• Must submit at least 3 letters of recommendation with application.
Once your application has been processed, you will be contacted by USD Human Resources via e-mail to continue the substitute new hire process. Substitutes are required to pass a background check before being hired, at the cost of the substitute of $33.25 CASH only.
The HR Representative will send you the Background appointment link once your application has been reviewed to proceed in the process.