Preschool Education Coordinator
Job | Posted 6 days ago
Fredericksburg City Public Schools
Fredericksburg Regional Head StartServing Fredericksburg and King George
210 Ferdinand Street
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401
Phone (540) 372-1065 Fax (540) 372-1156
FREDERICKSBURG REGIONAL HEAD START
2020-2021 School Year
POSITION: Preschool Education Coordinator
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s or advanced degree in early childhood education or related field. At least three years teaching experience in teaching early childhood classroom required. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of Head Start/federal programs is beneficial. Ability to work well with families and program team members. Bilingual skills preferred.
LOCATION: Walker-Grant Early Childhood Learning Center
SALARY: To Be Determined
BEGINNING DATE: July 27, 2020
CONTACT PERSON: Laura Dove, Supervisor of Preschool Programs
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
NOTE: Fredericksburg City Public School Division is an equal opportunity employer. Therefore, it does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, political affiliation, gender, age, marital status or disability in its educational programs or employment. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any impairment which is unrelated to the ability to engage in activities involved in the position or program for which the application has been made.
Job Description: Preschool Education Coordinator
In collaboration with supervisor, teachers, staff, students, and families facilitate the provision of an appropriate preschool education according Virginia Building Blocks Framework, Early Learning Outcomes Framework, and ECE best practices, especially as it pertains to curriculum implementation and assessments. As well as, provide teaching staff with individualized coaching and support to enhance the quality of early childhood classroom services. Coaching will be aligned to assessment data from TS GOLD, CLASS, ECERS and any other sources.
Bachelor’s or advanced degree in early childhood education or related field. At least three years teaching experience in teaching early childhood classroom preferred. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of preschool programs is beneficial. Ability to work well with families, other professionals, and program team members a must. Bilingual skills preferred.
Reports to: Supervisor
- Ensure no child is left alone or unsupervised while in the care of Preschool.
- Exhibit conduct which respects and promotes appropriate child-adult interactions that recognize the unique identity of each child and family and refrain from stereotyping based on gender, race, ethnicity, culture, and religion.
- Ensure policies and procedures are met.
- Manage the process for Practice Based Coaching in collaboration with the Supervisor. Implements Practice Based Coaching method, focused on supportive coaching of teaching staff in group trainings and in-class, one-on-one coaching (e.g. model, demonstrate, observe, and provide feedback on a supportive, instructive, and non-judgmental manner). Develop and maintains a calendar of coaching activities and provide updates to the Supervisor.
- Collaborate in facilitating Preschool events for children and families that support School Readiness Goals.
- Provide modeling of child/adult interactions and curriculum implementation through face-to-face observations and modeling of developmentally appropriate practice for children, parents, and teachers.
- Observe classes using the CLASS and ECERS tools, collaborating to provide feedback and recommendations to teaching teams and the Supervisor. Observe and make recommendations to all teaching team members using approved forms, processes, procedures, and timetables. Provide feedback and communication to teaching teams to support best practices and Head Start philosophy.
- Support the Supervisor with the coordination, aggregating, analyzing, and review of data for Pals Pre-K, Teaching Strategies GOLD, and other assessment tools as applicable.
- Facilitate periodic work groups for technical assistance and support with assessment documentation. Monitor to ensure correct process and completion of assessment and utilization of data to support teacher’s individualization strategies.
- Manage Virginia Quality Rating System application process and standing in collaboration with program teaching staff and Supervisor.
- Keep abreast of early childhood educational trends and provide leadership and direction for teacher resources.
- Ensure appropriate furniture and equipment /materials are available and arranged to promote active learning in each center and classrooms.
- Keep abreast of and provide leadership and direction for curriculum resources and implementation in all classes. Establish and maintain a teacher resource library.
- Review teacher’s documentation on a regular basis to include, daily lesson plans, newsletters, student evaluations, staff/parents meeting schedules and reports, and assessments.
- Perform as the CDA Field Advisor for employee candidates in process of obtaining their Child Development Associate Credential.
- Function as the Coordinator for services to children with disabilities or special needs. Coordinate and track assessments and special education services for all children, which includes administering the 45-day developmental screens, submitting periodic reports to management team, attending SPED services meetings, and collaborating with school division LEA’s.
- Attend and facilitate as appropriate program activities and training opportunities during traditional and non-traditional hours and overnight.
- Promotes positive atmosphere in the program, encourage philosophy of active learning, shared control, communication, and respect for diversity.
- Coordinate, orient and facilitate practicum students’ placements.
- Participate in program monitoring activities.
- Support facilitation of Education Advisory and subcommittees in collaboration with Supervisor.
- Facilitating special program events and field trips for children and families.
- Establish and facilitate Enrichment activities, scheduling periodic themed activities to extend children’s learning and as a model laboratory for teachers.
- Facilitate peer mentorships for teaching staff to support development of skills in implementation of the curriculum, assessment, teaching methods and program requirements.
- Serve on community committees/advisory boards that support Early Childhood Education and training.
- Participate in program monitoring activities.
- Collaborate to design, implement, and document program plan for education content area to meet performance standards.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Evaluation: Performance will be evaluated in accordance with School Board policy and federal and state regulations. Evaluations performed by the Supervisor.
Fredericksburg Public Schools
200 Gunnery Road, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,724
% ELL Students
State Average: 9%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.22
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 801