MCDONALD/NOLACHUCKEY-SCHOOL LEVEL TECHNICIAN (TECHNOLOGY)
TITLE: School Level Technician (Technology)
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of technology hardware, software, and networks. Associate degree in computer repair or Military Class A School in Electronics, or A+Certification with high school diploma (or GED) required; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job. 2. Must be willing to work with multiple schools, administrative staff, teachers, and other staff.
REPORTS TO: Technology Coordinator
JOB GOAL: To provide technical services to Greene County Schools in order to maximize the effective use of technology.
1. Is assigned to a home high school and it’s feeder schools for the purpose of providing on-site technical support
2. The high school will be their primary location for support needs but will be expected to travel to feeder schools on an on-call basis
3. Works with the system technology staff to maintain the district technology and network infrastructure
4. Assists in maintaining an inventory of technology equipment in their schools
5. Assists in surveying technology needs at the school and district level and makes recommendations to the appropriate administrators or staff
6. Keeps abreast of new developments in the k-12 technology field by attending appropriate training or conferences
7. Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to provide reliable transportation to deliver equipment or provide services to all assigned locations 8. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director and Technology Coordinator
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year. Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on the Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
Approved by: _____________________________________ Date: _____________________
Reviewed and agreed to by: _________________________ Date: _____________________ (Technician) (ADA) MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OR STANDARDS REQUIRED TO P