Glenwood Educational Center School to Work-Workplace Readiness Specialist Full-Time
Job Title Glenwood Educational Center School to Work-Work Place Readiness Specialist Employer Greene County School District
Location 910 West Summer Street map Greeneville, TN 37743 (Rural)
# Open Positions 1
Job Type Full-time with benefits
Employment Start Date 7/22/20 Upcoming School Year Job Description TITLE: Transition School to Work Workplace Readiness Specialist
QUALIFICATIONS: Education and Experience: 1. Education equivalent to graduation from a standard high school.
2. Two years’ experience in teaching or services to individuals w/disabilities.
REPORTS TO: Special Education Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: An employee who is responsible for assisting high school students with paid or non-paid work experiences which prepare them for work after leaving high school.
1. Work with students with a disability in on-the-job training experiences. Examples may include: job sampling, volunteer experiences, job shadowing, internships, apprenticeships, summer work experiences, and work-based learning.
2. Assist students in establishing an appropriate working relationship with co-workers and supervisors.
3. Teach students how to perform specific tasks and understand work place policies while modeling appropriate workplace behavior.
4. Assist students in determining priorities and goals for the work experience which will be reviewed on a weekly basis to insure that the essential functions of the job are being performed.
5. Demonstrate creativity in developing methods of teaching job tasks and modifying processes to accommodate the student’s barriers to employment.
6. Understand and employ workplace safety procedures while monitoring the progress of students to ensure that safety policies are being followed.
7. Ensure that the student(s) is working according to expectations of job site supervisor.
8. Assess a student(s) ability to independently perform a learned skill.
9. Make independent decisions based on various factors to resolve any problems at the work site.
10. Utilize computer to enter data and operate other software as needed to perform the essential functions of the job.
11. Document student progress on the prescribed time schedule.
12. Understand and keep up to date with new technology, community resources, and assistive devices available to people with disabilities.
13. Attend meetings with referring VR Counselor and/or the Transition Case Manager.
14. Use various forms of communication to update and coordinate with VR Counselor, Transition Case Manager, LEA, and others.
15. If students are placed in a paying position, provide job retention services when needed.
16. Help develop and assist with summer workshops (if applicable) and/or summer employment.
17. Maintain a high level of confidentiality, a professional demeanor, and represent both Vocational Rehabilitation and the Local Education Agency in a positive manner at all times.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 190-210 days. Salary and work year to be established by the Board of Education.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the policies of the school system.
Approved by: ___________________________________________ Date: ___________
Reviewed and agreed to by: _______________________________ Date: ______________ (Employee)
Job Qualifications High School Diploma Pass ParaPro Assessment
Contact Dr. Melinda Pruitt, Special Education Supervisor
Application Deadline Open Until Filled