Part Time Homebound Teacher
Job Title: General Education Homebound Teacher (FLSA: Exempt)
This is a part-time position on an as needed basis. The total number of work days and times will vary based on student needs. Hourly rate of pay is $35.00. There are no GMSD Benefits associated with this part time position.
Job Objective: To ensure that students in GMSD qualifying for and capable of benefiting from homebound services receive the appropriate educational program in a positive and productive educational atmosphere.
- Current Tennessee licensure and/or licensure eligibility in the state of Tennessee
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, activities, or responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to work with students who may suffer from acute or catastrophic illness or injury.
- Ability to provide learning experiences in a variety of settings.
- Broad knowledge of curriculum/instruction.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of use of current technology.
- Implement instructional activities provided by student’s teacher(s) of record including any modifications/accommodations.
- Deliver instructional strategies that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Carry out responsibilities for test administration, when requested (i.e. handle materials in a secure manner).
- Provide appropriate feedback to the student’s teacher(s) of record regarding student progress during homebound sessions.
- Maintains specific records of data collection.
- Use appropriate materials, technology, and resources to help meet the learning needs of students.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with other professionals, students, and parents.
- Serve as liaison between the school and the home for the delivery of instructional services to students who qualify for homebound services in general.
- Establish and maintain a positive collaborative relationship with the student’s families to increase student achievement.
- Passionately believes that all students can achieve at high levels.
- Demonstrates cultural competence and a deep understanding of and empathy for issues facing contemporary families.
- Deep understanding of the various school environments and commitment to improving student achievement.
- Exhibits strong focus on goals and results.
- Motivates, inspires, and moves students to action to achieve ambitious goals.
- Homes of Homebound Students or locations to be determined as decided upon by the Student Services Homebound Liason, the Homebound Teacher, and the Parent/Guardian of the student in need of assistance.
- Department of Student Services Homebound District Liaison