Job | Posted 2 months ago
|Implement a comprehensive model of service delivery to
include conducting individual assessment of cognition, achievement and
social/emotional functioning, consultation with parents, teachers and administrators, and individual and group counseling with students at all levels of the school division.
(This list is intended solely as an illustration of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties
does not exclude their addition if they are like or a logical extension of the position.)
• Administers psychoeducational and sociological assessments and conducts
classroom observations for students referred for initial evaluations and triennial
evaluations for consideration for special education and related services.
• Analyzes and interprets assessment results and completes a written report for
the purpose of providing recommendations and submitting the findings to the
Eligibility Committee for eligibility determination.
• Provides and explains the educational implications related to assessment results
for teachers, parents, and other staff members to assist in developing
appropriate interventions and making program decisions.
• Participates on school-based problem solving/decision making teams, to include,
Child Study, RTI, Special Education Eligibility, 504 Plans, Threat Assessment,
• Participates in the FBA/BIP process to address behaviors, which impede student
• Consults with individual school and Division leadership in the utilization of data driven action plans which align with the Division goal to impact the achievement gap, graduation rate and allow for effective monitoring of student progress.
• Provides strategic individual and group counseling interventions to students to support the teaching process and to maximize learning and adjustment.
• Responds to and manages crises by providing leadership, direct services, and coordination with needed community services.
• Provides consultation to parents, teachers, other school personnel, and
community agencies to enhance the learning and adjustment of students.
• Assists in the planning, development, and implementation of intervention
• Serves as a liaison between school, home, and community in the service of
student learning and well-being.
• Coordinates and collaborates with appropriate health, welfare and other services through community organizations, social agencies, and other public and private resources for students in need.
• Provides training to teachers, parents, other school staff and community
agencies in methods to enhance the learning and adjustment of students.
• Attends workshops, seminars, classes, and conferences to further continuing
education in areas related to best practices in school psychology.
• Manages out of district student cases for students within the school psychologist assigned school.
• Performs other duties as required.
|Supervised by and/or Reports to: Supervisor of Special Education|
|TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT|
|Pay Grade: Administrator Salary Scale Period of Employment:
Group V 12 month 240 workdays.
Salary according to School Board Pay Plan.
|Performance on this job will be evaluated in accordance with School Board policy and administrative regulations on the evaluation of licensed personnel.|
|APPROVED BY SUPERINTENDENT|
|May 20, 2020|
|JOB DESCRIPTION PREPARED BY|
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. ?
The employee signature below constitutes the employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position and has agreed that they are capable of and willing to perform in a reasonable manner the activities involved in the job and role for which they have offered.
The Charles City County School Board (“School Board”) is an equal opportunity employer, committed to nondiscrimination in recruitment, selection, hiring, pay, promotion, retention or other personnel actions affecting employees or candidates for employment. Therefore, discrimination in employment against any person based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, political affiliation, sex, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, genetic information, or disability is prohibited. Personnel decisions are based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
The Charles City County Public Schools reserves the right to update, revise or change this position description and related duties at any time.
Charles City County Public Schools
10910 Courthouse Road , Charles City, VA 23030
At the following locations
CCPS School Board Office
10035 Courthouse Road , Charles City, VA 23030
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,724
% ELL Students
State Average: 9%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.22
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 801