Prospect Ridge Academy
Creating Academic, Social, and Ethical Leaders
** Please note that this is a FULL-TIME position and will work 11 months of the year**
Administrative Director Job Description
All employees at Prospect Ridge Academy work together to create academic, social, and ethical leaders. Every employee at Prospect Ridge Academy is expected to deliver exceptional customer service skills to our students, parents, and PRA community. Prospect Ridge Academy is a dynamic school, subject to changing work environments, adaptation of new educational principles and values, and evolving culture. Adaptability to change is essential. This job description is an overview of duties and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed.
The Administrative Director will oversee the overall operation of the office and its support staff. This position will accomplish these duties while working with students, parents, other teachers and staff toward achieving the goals set forth in the Prospect Ridge Academy Mission Statements.
The Administrative Director at PRA will:
- Manage the office assistants, registrar, nurse, health aide and attendance & safety coordinator
- Manage all-school email correspondence through “info” account
- Oversee attendance tracking and reporting
- Supervise visitor management
- Assist teachers with substitute requests and filling absences
- Manage school and administrator calendars
- Manage the Activity Request process
- Collaborate with school officials to provide reporting assistance, communications and trainings
- Provide Finance Director the monthly office expenditure data and school enrollment numbers
- Work with Marketing Director to ensure effective communications with families
- Work with Parent Engagement Coordinator to facilitate volunteer needs
- Assist teachers and staff with student data queries (from Infinite Campus) and provide training as needed
- Update and maintain systems for absence management, substitute tracking, visitor management,
- Coordinate office supply orders and general startup needs for staff
- Revise & update operational forms, update classroom and mailbox labelsSchedule school pictures
- Populate and maintain Driveline pick up student data
- Coordinate annual registration (re-enrollment) process and initiate student contact updates, directory compilation, and pickup authorizations
- Provide administrative support for school events and Professional Development
*Lead Team member*
- Provide annual evaluations for all office, registrar, health & attendance staff
- Present staff training for Professional Development workshops (operations, Infinite Campus, etc.)
- Serve on Hiring committee - coordinate hiring efforts for substitute teachers, substitute paraprofessionals and office staff
- Facilitate enrollment lottery - administer the lottery software and coordinate the annual lottery run
- Maintain enrollment section of school website; suggest needed lottery policy updates to board
- Assist registrar with new student intake and enrollment processes
- Field enrollment inquiries via phone calls and email correspondence through “enrollment” Google account
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2 years of office experience Office Coordinator or Office Manager in school environment preferred
- Must have strong Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Google documents experience a plus
- The employee is regularly required to talk, walk, stand and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, walk, grasp, and perform light lifting.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to communicate with parents, students, staff, vendors, administrators and various school visitors.
- Ability to read, write and interpret various documents such as rules, policy and expectation, agreements, rubrics, scope and sequence documents, and assessment documents.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions given in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in a variety of situations
- Ability to work collaboratively with various groups.
- Ability to apply an entrepreneurial outlook and a charter school commitment.
- Strong organizational and the ability to coordinate different tasks.
- Strong interpersonal, and customer service skills while working with a diverse population
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to be self motivated.
- Ability and skill to use sound judgment as determined by the specific situation.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
This position reports to the School Principals.
Work is occasionally regularly performed inside and outside with occasional exposure to extreme temperatures. Work is performed in all weather conditions and includes exposure to moderate and sometimes loud noise. This is a highly public position that includes contact with students, staff, Administrators, Prospect Ridge Academy Board of Directors and parents. Occasionally work may consist of ten (10) plus hour days with weekend work as needed.