Peabody 1st Grade Teacher
This is a full time position 1.0 FTE
Salary is determined by placement on Licensed Salary Schedule according to education and experience.
Instruct students in coordination with a standards based curriculum and within the framework of district and state content standards. Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work cooperatively with students, parents, and staff required. Working knowledge of subject matter assigned, classroom management, best practices and strategies, students' learning styles and needs.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Hold or be eligible to hold a Colorado Teaching License.
- Hold appropriate endorsement(s).
- Successful completion of student teaching assignment.
- Previous teaching experience in subject area and/or level desirable.
- Primary (K-2) literacy instruction preferred.
- Strong classroom management skills
- Human relations skills including collaboration with all stakeholders
- Knowledgeable about classroom practice in order to successfully facilitate the learning environment, manage time, communications, and record keeping
- Ability to remain current in curricular area and in instructional practices
- Knowledgeable about data driven instruction
- Knowledgeable about using technology to support instruction and enhance student learning
Great love of children, stong focus on using technology for teaching, ability to collaborate with team for planning