Teacher - Second Grade
SALARY INFORMATION: SEE CERTIFIED SALARY SCHEDULE
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 40
MONTHS PER YEAR: 9
JOB CODE: 001002
POSITION TYPE: REPLACEMENT – PERMANENT/REGULAR
SUMMARY: A teacher will perform effective teaching methods to ensure student success and promote an exemplary educational program which fosters achievement for all students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Utilize various curriculum resources and technologies to enhance student learning.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize District curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities. - Prepare and distribute parent communications.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom creating appropriate behavior strategies.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain from, or be in process with, the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) for a valid Colorado Educator License within 30 days of hire.
- Must possess the required license and endorsement. If highly qualified by content test or semester hours, with no endorsement: applicant must posses a Colorado educator license license with a passing score on a CDE approved content test or 24 semester hours in specific core content classes as determined by Human Resources.
Preference given to candidates with ELL Training and/or an ESL or (LDE) Linguistically Diverse Education Endorsement.
SALARY INFORMATION (FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES):
- Salary placement on our Certified Salary schedule is dependent on the employees’ education and/or work experience
- Certified/licensed employees will be granted one (1) year for each full year of contractual and/or work experience up to a maximum of ten (10) years, which includes in-district and out-of-district contractual teaching and/or work experience. Responsibility for verification of outside experience shall rest with the individual employee.
- For further explanation of salary placement please refer to our Certified Master agreement that can be found on our district website.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.