SALARY INFORMATION: SEE CERTIFIED SALARY SCHEDULE
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 20
MONTHS PER YEAR: 9
JOB CODE: 160099
POSITION TYPE: NEW – REGULAR
LOCATION: THORNTON, CO
SUMMARY: A teacher will perform effective teaching methods to ensure student success and promote an exemplary educational program which fosters achievement for all students.
ESSENTIUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals
- Participate in ongoing training sessions
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education
- Utilize various curriculum resources and technologies to enhance student learning
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans
- Utilize District curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the student served
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities - Prepare and distribute parent communications
- Observe and evaluate student's performance
- Manage student behavior in the classroom creating appropriate behavior strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree or higer
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old
- Criminal background check required for hire
- Must possess, or be able to obtain from, or be in process with, the Colorado Department of Educations (CDE) for a valid Colorado Educator License within 30 days of hire
- Must possess the required license and endorsement. If highly qualified by content test or semester hours, with no endorsement; applicant must possess a Colorado educator license license with a passing score on a CDE approved content test or 24 semester hours in specific core content classes as determined by Human Resources.
FTE for this position is based upon enrollment and may fluctuate as needed. The FTE posted is not guaranteed each year.
SALARY INFORMATION (FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES):
- Salary placement on our Certified Salary schedule is dependent on the employees’ education and/or work experience
- Certified/licensed employees will be granted one (1) year for each full year of contractual and/or work experience up to a maximum of ten (10) years, which includes in-district and out-of-district contractual teaching and/or work experience. Responsibility for verification of outside experience shall rest with the individual employee.
- For further explanation of salary placement please refer to our Certified Master agreement that can be found on our district website.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.