ELEMENTARY SCHOOL COUNSELOR
ESTES PARK SCHOOL DISTRICT R-3
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL COUNSELOR
In Estes Park School District, we have identified the following Global Outcomes for our students as some indicators of preparation for a successful future:
I thoughtfully process and express ideas in multiple ways.
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
I ask challenging questions, analyze complex information, and find solutions.
I explore my curiosities and passions in order to produce innovative-imaginative products.
Physical, Social, and Emotional Wellness
I make decisions that positively affect my physical, emotional, and social health in my pursuit of lifelong wellness.
Compassion and Global Awareness
I seek to understand, value and advocate for, and engage with others in my own community and globally.
I strive to take on challenges knowing I have the capacity to grow.
I build from diverse perspectives and assets when working together toward a common goal.
In addition to these Global Outcomes, we integrate technology into our classrooms at high levels to help enrich instruction, individualize learning, and prepare our students for the future. We are a 1-to-1 iPad school and district. Therefore, we are always looking for innovative ways to further integrate technology into the classroom to support learning.
As a member of our Estes Park Team, we expect our educators to embrace these Global Outcomes and high-levels of technology integration as an integral part of the learning experience and the culture of your classroom and our school.
- Knowledge of Multi-Tiered Systems of Support for elementary school students
- Ability to work with all students including ELL, Special Education, 504 Plans, Alternative Education and Gifted & Talented
- Knowledge and experience with coordinating all state testing and other assessment tests. Informs, explains, interprets, and guides students and parent/guardians on all assessment tests.
- Experience working with elementary school students and their families
- Experience in implementing a social/emotional learning program for elementary school students
- Ability to work in a team environment with administrators, teachers, and school nurse
- Performs other related duties, including special projects, as required or requested
- Experience with Restorative Practices program
- Colorado School Counselor or School Social Work (SSW) License
- Have the appropriate training and background for the position (be able to obtain or currently hold a Colorado license with appropriate endorsement)
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Experience in developing and implementing affective/social skills lessons
- Experience working with at-risk elementary school students.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and human relation skills
- Cultural competency; appreciation, embracing and valuing of diversity
- Capacity to function as an independent, self-motivated, and self-reliant self-starter who initiates appropriate actions and strategies and can work successfully without constant direction and close supervision
Apply online at www.applitrack.com/estesschools/onlineapp. Only online applications accepted. Salary range is currently based on the 19-20 salary table and will be adjusted accordingly once the 20-21 table is board approved, $40,000 to $58,800 with single benefits. Up to ten years of previous experience from an accredited school district may be granted. Position starts on or about August 13, 2020. FLSA exempt. Position is open until filled.
Estes Park School District R-3 is an equal opportunity employer