Office Manager, Shawsheen Elementary School
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: Classified
Hourly $17.75 (Full-Time)
Reports to: School Principal
Contract Length/ Days: (2019-2020/ 230 days)
Date Posted: May 15, 2020
Deadline for application:
Until Filled (Applicant screening will begin no later than 05/22/2020. Applications are still accepted until the position is filled; however, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible).
High school diploma or GED equivalent or combination of related education, experience, and training.
First Aid or CPR training
Bilingual in Spanish
Completion of one year of college or business school with classes involving computer training and accounting/bookkeeping
Office manager is responsible for overall support structures for staff, students, principal, and community. The position requires utilizing technology software programs such as Google, Infinite Campus, Infinite Visions, Absence Management, and other programs. Building relationships with students and families are a key part of the office manager position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitors daily absences, maintains list of current substitutes and may coordinate coverage for unfilled positions. Maintains positive relationship with substitutes. Contacts subs to prearrange. Assists subs to find assignments/lesson plans, helpful suggestions. Training entire staff to use the substitute and leave of absence system and including composing training materials and keeping everyone informed as changes occur.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping of all school accounts including personnel and payroll records. Prepares monthly time and attendance reports. Responsible for entering, monitoring and closing purchase orders. May include ordering warehouse orders. Assists in preparation of school budget and maintains school budget by analyzing monthly reports and doing budget/revenue/expenditure transfers as needed. Handles student fund account/s. Ensures that appropriate paperwork is completed for outside vendors, (i.e. contracts, W-9) and maintains relationship with vendors regarding school matters. Reconcile P-card statements online and prepare reports with receipts.
•Composes newsletters, correspondence and inter-school memos. Maintains calendar of school activities. Copy and distribute items as needed. Uses email to maintain communication between staff/ESB/parents. Make sure staff members have proper forms available (i.e.. leave requests, purchase orders, field trips, print shop, discipline, phone lists, ESB directory, and etc.). Assist in developing staff schedule, including duty schedule. May be assigned to before/after school or lunch duty or be a substitute for absent duty people. Maintains student database, including enrolling and withdrawing students. Develops and runs reports as necessary. Processes student records folders during the year. Maintains accurate class lists and distributes those lists to staff as needed.
- Schedules appointments for principal. Responsible for Principal calendar, along with building use calendar and building events for staff, classrooms and a family calendar.
Aids in development of staff and student handbook. Collects and analyzes data for October count. Maintains Open Enrollment packets together, managing enrollment process, answers parent questions. Acts as a administrative assistant to the principal.
- Serves as receptionist. Screens and routes incoming calls to appropriate individual or responds to questions from students, parents, and staff and community members. Operates personal computer and standard office equipment. May train new personnel in the operation of equipment and /or computer software. Provides guidance, training, and supervision to office staff/teacher candidates/student workers. Assists/completes performance reviews for direct reports. Act as the backup to the Health Clerk.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Job Functions
- Collaborate with teammates
- Successful experience with a diverse staff, student, and parent population
- Experience with various technological programs -- Office, Google, tc.
- Good communicator; good problem-solver; high expectations for self and others; organized
- Willing to learn
- Willing to become a member of the school and school community
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
Ability to sit for long periods of time, numerous distractions, visual, auditory and ambulatory acuity important
Occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds
Ability to maintain current e-mail systems including daily receiving and sending of messages. Ability to perform routine administrative details without direction from supervisor. Ability to efficiently perform duties with constant interruptions. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff, students, parents and community. Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook and PowerPoint; Pinnacle, Internet abilities, Infinite Campus, Applitrack/Frontline, Adobe Acrobat, Calendar Program, as well as other job-appropriate software applications. Excellent knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting procedures/practices preferred. Flexibility and excellent public relations skills are of utmost importance. Must have a broad knowledge of the location of ‘everything' and a history of equipment, families, staff and the staff at the ESB. Excellent multi-tasking and record keeping abilities. Proficient in the operation of office equipment. Proficient in business English, spelling and office procedures. Ability to perform work with high degree of accuracy. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to perform all functions of the position. Bilingual skills helpful (English/Spanish).
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, gender identity, marital status or disability. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Regular attendance is required for this position.