School Improvement Specialist
SAN CARLOS UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 20
Office of Human Resources
P.O. Box 207
San Carlos, AZ 85530
Mission: We exist to educate and empower students to become culturally responsive, global Nn’ee
Vision: We will become an effective student focused learning community graduating culturally confident citizens
School Improvement Specialist(s) Job Description
Summary- Supports the school as an instructional curriculum, and data facilitator.
CLASSIFICATION: TITLE I CERTIFIED
- Master’s Degree in Education
- Current Arizona Teaching Certificate minimum requirement, Administrative Certificate preferred.
- Five years of teaching experience in a public school.
- Employed as a teacher in a public school within the last three years.
- Leadership roles in the areas of curriculum, instruction and teacher coaching.
- Two years of experience as an instructional coach.
REPORTS TO: Site Administrator
JOB OVERVIEW: Successful candidate will use his/her skills to assist administrators and teachers with instructional resources, effective teaching strategies, and curriculum. He/she will model/demonstrate new instructional strategies and data driven guidance. He/she will facilitate school improvement professional learning opportunities that share in the vision of the school and aligns with school improvement goals. He/she will work with site administration and teachers to monitor accountability and sustainability of efforts and instructional outcomes consistent with local, state, and federal ESSA guidelines.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (THE LIST OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS IS NOTEXHAUSTIVE AND MAY BE SUPPLEMENTED.)
- Supporting and articulating the school’s vision and mission
- Assisting school leadership in the writing and implementing of the school’s improvement plan
- Coaching/mentoring teachers to support school leadership in ensuring lessons and classroom
- activities provide a variety of instructional strategies and grouping practices that engage students and allow multiple pathways for students to master the state academic standards
- Modeling and demonstrating effective lessons for teachers to improve teaching practices
- Assisting teachers in using various types of data to inform instruction
- Participating and working cooperatively to facilitate data discussions and professional learning communities.
- Supporting teachers to promote consistent, systematic, focused, and responsive monitoring of
- student progress
- Supporting school leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of school
- Assisting school leadership in the development and on-going implementation of professional
- development opportunities for teachers
- Working cooperatively with school leadership in the implementation of Governing Board policies and procedures and administrative regulations
- Collaborating with ADE Turnaround personnel and fully supporting the State Intervention mission and vision.
- Present publicly with oral and written communication skills.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten Months
- Sit or stand for long periods of time
- Speak, hear, see, stand and walk
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach overhead
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
Duties are primarily performed inside the classroom; however, monitoring of students in different areas of the school may be required as well.
EVALUATION: In accordance with the governing board and appropriate procedural regulations. The site administrator will be responsible for completing the evaluation.
SALARY RANGE: $65,000 to $75,000
BENEFITS: This position includes health insurance and retirement benefits.
The Responsibilities and Physical Requirements listed above represent a summary of the essential functions of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. This job description does not necessarily include all activities that the incumbent may be asked to perform. Additional responsibilities, tasks, and other duties may be assigned as needed. As an equal opportunity employer, SAN CARLOS UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT No. 20 will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities the ability to perform their job duties/functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, and age or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons. San Carlos Unified School District Governing Board Policy No. GBA. San Carlos Schools does recognize Native American Preference in Employment.
Please apply online at sancarlosbraves.org go to Employment, then to Applitrak our online application system. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Human Resource Department Manager at (928) 475-2315, Ext. 1002.
Board approved 05/13/2020