School Social Worker
EFFECTIVE: 2020 - 2021 school year
New Teacher: 193 days/year
Projected Start Date 7/29/2020
The school social worker shall be a trained professional that provides student assessment and guidance, identifies developmental, learning and behavioral needs of students. The school social worker’s role entails providing a full range of services to students who need additional support. As a key member of our support team, the successful candidate will partner with school administrators and teachers to develop and implement plans that provide specialized support for selected students throughout the course of the school year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create a positive environment and effective management structures to purposefully promote and foster effective student achievement. Ensure all processes, procedures and data collection are highly organized and effective with optimal use of time. Motivate, engage and empower all students.
- Help students function effectively in the school environment, Assess areas in which students may require assistance or counseling, Communicate with parents, teachers and administrators, Maintain accurate case files and reports to track student issues and progress. Assist in remediation by providing treatment plans or counseling.
- Evaluate the student’s ability through a variety of functional, behavioral and standardized assessments. Synthesize evaluation results into a comprehensive written report which reflects strengths and barriers to student participation in the educational environment; directs program development, and guides evidence-based intervention. Develop intervention plans based on student needs and evaluation results. Participate in multidisciplinary meetings to review evaluation results, integrate findings with other disciplines, offer recommendations, and develop individual education plans and intervention plans to achieve IEP goals.
- Participate on problem-solving teams in the school environment to support student success and collaborate with community agencies to promote accessibility of services to the school community and inclusion of student families
- Design, develop and provide targeted, evidence-based interventions to facilitate student performance within the school environment. Use data management tools to analyze results and draw inferences from data to identify strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and implement intervention and prevention programs that assist in the reduction of at-risk students including implementation of Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) utilizing evidenced- based interventions
- Teach, monitor, and collaborate with educational personnel, community agencies, parent/guardian, and students to increase understanding of the student’s needs. Provide continuing education and in-services for educational personnel, parents, and community based service providers.
- Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and exercise sound, professional judgment especially in interactions with administration, colleagues, families, and students