Field Elementary Health Assistant Paraprofessional
Responsible for providing appropriate and timely care to sick and/or injured students; creating, updating, and managing immunization records and related student records; contacting parents as needed; administering and documenting medications provided to students; maintaining clinic inventory; monitor and support implementation of Health Care Action Plans.
Spanish Speaker preferred
5 Hours per day
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- No experience required; experience in CPR/First Aid and working with students preferred.
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- CPR/First Aid/AED certifications required.
- Medication and universal precautions training/certifications required.
- May need to complete coursework or pass appropriate test to comply with NCLB standards as a requirement for continued employment.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- English language skills.
- Interpersonal relations skills.
- Customer service and public relations skills.
- Basic personal computer and keyboarding skills.
- Knowledge of First Aid and universal precautions.
- Ability to work with students with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
Starting Salary $14.50 per hour