Senior Cook Cashier (Summer ONLY)(All Locations)
HOURLY RATE: $12.28
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 12.00
MONTHS PER YEAR: SUMMER ONLY (5/26 - 7/31/20)
JOB CODE: 100511
POSITION TYPE: NEW – TEMPORARY
LOCATION: Thornton, CO
NOTE: Position start date, end date and hours will be contingent upon Nutrition Services operational needs.
SUMMARY: Assists with all aspects of production and service of meals including cooking, line setup, replenishment, clean up and cash collection. Complies with Health Department Standards, all safety procedures, departmental policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal regulations. This is a TEMPORARY position during the summer months. There are no benefits with this position. Exact dates will be determined by the school calendar and may vary from summer to summer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Work experience with large volume food preparation and/or cashiering preferred.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
• Basic mathematical and measuring skills for following recipes and giving change to students.
• Basic computer skills preferred.
• Cashiering skills preferred.
• Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies, building and department procedures.
• Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds. Willingness to contribute to cultural diversity for educational enrichment.
• Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• Successful completion of a physical abilities evaluation.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
• Knowledge of large volume food production, serving and sanitizing equipment, preferred.
• Knowledge of basic kitchen utensils including knives, slicers, thermometers and cleaning agents.
• Normal office equipment such as personal computer, printer, copier, fax, phone system, e-mail.
BUDGET AND/OR RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
• Employee is accountable for own equipment and/or supplies.
• Position does not require budget responsibility
• Assists with meal payment collection from students.
• Employee is responsible for funds security.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1. All Newly hired classified employees are placed initially on Step 1 of the pay grade for their position. Classified employees can advance an additional 5 steps (maximum Step 6) based on their previous experience. See our Classified Salary Schedule.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date).
To learn more about our benefits, please see our Benefits Overview.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.