Library Technology Teacher
Calendar: 185 Day
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position is benefits eligible
Starting Salary: Certified Schedule
Priority Screen Date: Close of business on May 16, 2020
SUMMARY: This position plans and provides instruction to students based on state, District, and school curricula and requirements and based on the students’ social and other formative skills.
Teaching In General:
- Demonstrates Effective Planning and Preparation
- Demonstrates knowledge of content pedagogy and knowledge of students and their developmental needs.
- Develop clear and relevant instructional goals based on Utah Core Standards for Library Media that are suitable for students in cooperation with the classroom teacher.
- Uses a wide variety of resources appropriate for diverse learning styles.
- Designs coherent instruction for flexible groupings that includes clear and focused lesson structure and appropriate timing according to student needs.
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of curriculum, and coordinates learning activities.
- Plans with assessment in mind.
- Establishes a Library Environment Conducive to Learning
- Creates a respectful library environment by establishing positive and respectful teacher-student interactions that are appropriate to developmental and cultural norms.
- Establishes a culture for learning by setting an expectation for learning and achievement, conveying the importance of the content, and displaying knowledge of students’ skills.
- Manages library procedures and protocols, including those regarding instructional groups, transitions, handling materials and supplies, and performing non-instructional duties.
- Manages student behavior by establishing clear expectations, monitoring and dealing with students throughout class time, and following through appropriately to correct misbehavior while respecting student dignity.
- Organizes library space for safety and for effective learning.
- Provides Effective Instruction
- Communicates clearly and accurately, using appropriate vocabulary for age and interests.
- Uses questioning and discussion techniques effectively to engage students.
- Engages students in learning through use of content activities and assignments, student groupings, a wide variety of instructional materials, and the structure and pacing of the lessons.
- Provides specific and timely feedback to students.
- Is flexible and responsive to student learning by adjusting lessons, responding to student questions and interests, and persisting in providing a variety of approaches when students have difficulties.
- Works effectively and maintains open communication with the staff so that supporting services can be provided.
- Assists teachers by recommending and providing supplemental materials for the development and the support of the curriculum.
- Demonstrates professional responsibility
- Reflects on own teaching by assessing a lesson’s effectiveness and drawing on a repertoire of alternative approaches.
- Maintains an approved written library philosophy and policy statement.
- Notifies faculty, staff and students of new materials in the library media center and in the District Media Center.
- Sets objectives for library media program consistent with school and district goals.
- Communicates to engage families in the instructional program by providing information about library instruction.
- Contributes to the school and the District by establishing and maintaining professional relationships with colleagues and participating in District and school projects/extracurricular activities.
- Grows and develops professionally by seeking out opportunities for professional development and by participating in professional service activities.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
1. Has valid State of Utah Teacher License and a library media endorsement or in a district or state approved endorsement program for library media.
2. Has ESL endorsement or will attain one within 4 years of initial employment with the District.
3. Professional communication skills including, but not limited to: excellent written and verbal communications skills; confident, articulate and professional speaking abilities; and emphatic listening and persuasive speaking skills.
- Is bilingual: Is able to speak, read, and write Spanish or other language representative of student population fluently.
- Has ESL endorsement or will attain one within 4 years of initial employment with the District.
- Uses good judgement when interacting with students and parents.
- Works collegially with other teachers and staff in the school.
Work Environment Requirements:
- Risks found in the typical work environment which is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance for the purpose of fulfilling job requirements efficiently. Will be required to attend activities, events, and meetings outside of normal work hours on a regular basis.
- Driving to work locations
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work: however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying light items, etc..
Salary: Certified Salary Schedule