Division Testing and Accountability Specialist
Job | Posted 22 days ago
DIVISION TESTING AND ACCOUNTABILITY SPECIALIST
Responsible for coordinating the state and division assessment programs, to include disaggregation and analysis of school and division-wide testing and instructional data
- Coordinate and assist in implementing the statement assessment programs through all schools within the division;
- Assist in the planning and implementation of division assessment programs;
- Maintain division assessment records;
- Assist in the construction and evaluation of classroom and division-wide assessment instruments;
- Engage, as assigned, in research related to assessment and instruction;
- Disaggregate and analyze a variety of division-wide data related to state, division, and classroom assessment and instruction;
- Provide administrators with results of data disaggregation and analysis in a useable format;
- Collaborate with Director of Elementary Instruction and Director of Secondary Instruction to develop and enhance data analysis tools;
- Provide administrators, teachers and counselors with training in the implementation of assessment programs;
- Assist in managing data needed for state and federal accreditation;
- Participate in local, regional, and state organizations, conferences, and trainings and communicate all relevant information to stakeholders;
- Participate in instructional department activities;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Instructional Director(s), Superintendent and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Use standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copier and fax machines, and telephone.
Travel to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Considerable skill in the use of computer technology and data analysis in performance of tests;
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, school personnel, and members of the community;
- Demonstrate positive school-community relations;
- Ability to prepare required written reports including clear and concise reporting;
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic statistics preferred;
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to develop and implement projects.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and conflicting time constraints.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to leadership, performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work
- Virginia Certification --Master's Degree preferred
- Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own transportation.
- Bachelor's and Master's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Successful experience as a teacher counselor, and/or administrator
Terms of Employment
FLSA Status: Exempt
Mecklenburg County Public Schools
175 Mayfield Drive, Boydton, VA 23917
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,724 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 9%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.22
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 801