Teacher - First Grade
1st Grade Teacher
Ayres Elementary School
163 working days (172 paid days), 4-day school week (Tues-Frie), 8.5 hours/day
TITLE: Elementary Classroom Teacher
1. Appropriate Colorado Department of Education licensure
2. A Bachelors’ Degree
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: To create a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment that inspires learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with students; to motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for elementary education according to each student's ability; to establish positive relationships with parents and with other staff members.
1. INSPIRE WONDER AND JOY FOR LEARNING AND BUILD APPROPRIATE RELATIONSHIPS FOR LIFE-LONG LEARNING.
2. Using the course of study adopted by the Board of Education, creatively teach reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, art, and health to students using appropriate movement and hands-on learning activities.
3. Instruct students in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
4. Develop lesson plans and instructional materials and provide individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
5. Translate lesson plans into learning experiences to best utilize the available time for instruction including learning through play.
6. Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve an inspiring atmosphere in the classroom.
7. Evaluate students' academic and social growth, keep appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
8. Communicate with parents through conferences and other means to inform students’ progress and interpret the school program.
9. Identify student needs and cooperate with other staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
10. Create an effective environment for learning through attractive displays, bulletin boards, and high-interest centers.
11. Maintain professional competence through professional development activities provided by the district and/or self-selected professional growth activities.
12. Select and requisition books and instructional aids; maintain required inventory records.
13. Supervise students in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned work day.
14. Administer group standardized assessments according to the district testing program.
15. Participate in curriculum development programs as required.
16. Participate in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
Sterling is located in Logan County in the Northeastern corner of Colorado on Interstate 76 alongside the South Platte River. Having the largest population, approximately 13,900, in Logan County and much of the surrounding area, Sterling offers shopping, restaurants, numerous parks, a recreation center, access to medical care and is located near North Sterling Reservoir. Sterling is approximately 1 1/2 hours from Denver International Airport and 2 hours from Denver and the Front Range (I-25 corridor).
RE-1 Valley School District has two high schools, one middle school, one junior high school, three elementary schools and two preschools and serves approximately 2,200 students in the Sterling and Iliff/Crook areas, employing about 500 staff.
RE-1 Valley employs highly qualified, dedicated staff who believe our mission is to prepare all students for productive, successful lives beyond school through a balanced curriculum, activities, community experiences, global awareness, high expectations and interaction among students, parents and community. Visit the District website at www.re1valleyschools.org for more information including updated job postings and salary schedules.