Counselor - Middle School
Job | Posted 5 days ago
Middle School Counselor
Kearney Middle School
Demonstrate the highest commitment to student achievement and student development.
Demonstrate the ability to utilize affective assessment tools and strategies.
Assist in the effective scheduling of students to meet graduation requirements and post-secondary goals.
Effectively use data to guide students in creating high school and post-secondary goals.
Be an effective communicator with staff, students, parents, and the community at large in support of educational programs.
Demonstrate an understanding of the ASCA national model and its application to a middle school counseling program.
- Must possess or qualify for a Colorado Special Services- School Counseling license.
- Must have a minimum of a B.A. degree; Per CDE must be a Master's degree in School Counseling, M.A. degree in Counseling, Psychology or Social Work.
- Must be willing to assist the staff with effective inter-personal strategies to work with students in the classroom.
- Must be willing to assist with intervention training for the staff.
- Must be current with the most recent literature and theory on society trends as they relate to students in transition.
- Must be able to develop rapport and collaborate with students, parents, and teachers in attempting to meet the academic, social, psychological, and affective need of school students.
- Must have the ability to plan and implement affective education mini-units for classroom instruction and classroom guidance.
- Desire bilingual Spanish skills.
- Desire Infinite Campus skills.
- Desire Naviance skills.
- Desire WEB trained.
Must have training and/or experience in working with high risk youth.
Thorough knowledge and experience with college recruiters and admission procedures.
- Have the overall functional responsibility to coordinate a vertically articulated counseling program which affectively deals with the entire range of student personnel management from routine record keeping to complex conflict resolutions.
- Conduct individual and small group academic/guidance counseling sessions utilizing a variety of data-driven strategies.
- Collaborates with counseling team and outside agencies to provide college experience, work experience and scholarship opportunities for students.
- Support the ongoing development and implementation of the district's standards based educational programs.
- Participation in the school RtI process, focusing on Tier 2 and Tier 3 supports and interventions.
Manage and articulate ICAP 6-8th grades.
- Create and manage 504 plans
- Respond to various crisis situations.
- Create and manage various pre-collegiate programs w colleges and universities across the state.
- Collaborate with teachers, administration and parents to ensure student success and support.Track graduation credits and communicate with students, parents, staff and administration about credits.
- Make appropriate referrals to school and community resources.
- Assist students in the transition from middle school to high school.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SALARY: Per the Certified Employee Salary Schedule. To view current Adams 14 salary schedules, please click here. Adams County School District 14 is a direct deposit employer.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: Until filled.
APPLICATIONS: All candidates must complete the district's online application for employment. Apply online at http://www.adams14.org/. For more information call 303-853-3201.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT: Adams 14, a nationally recognized leader in education innovation, is Colorado's 23rd largest school district and serves more than 7,500 students annually. Nestled in the historic community of Commerce City, Adams 14 strives to ensure academic success for every student by providing highly effective classroom instruction, supplemental enrichment opportunities and parent/family collaboration opportunities. To learn more about Adams 14, visit adams14.org.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, their legal right to be employed in the United States. All contracts for employment of personnel shall be subject to approval by Adams County School District 14 Board of Education. Selected applicant must comply with all Adams County School District 14 Board of Education's policies, rules, and regulations.
Inspire. Educate. Empower. Adams 14 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Adams County School District 14
5291 EAST 60TH AVENUE, COMMERCE CITY, CO 80022
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,278 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 12%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 17.36
% IEP Students
State Average: 11%
State Average: 415