Speech Language Pathologist Northern Neck Regional Special Education Program
Job | Posted 23 days ago
Provides speech and language therapy for students with disabilities.
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Education
- Holds a current, valid school speech-language pathologist license issued by the Virginia Board of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology
- Holds a master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Demonstrates a willingness to work with all students
- Possess high moral standards and integrity
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess, diagnose and teach students with communicative disorders including articulation, language, fluency, voice, and hearing impairments.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Provdes coordination for home intervention services and consultative intervention for students and parents.
- Demonstrates effective oral and writen communication skills.
- Manages varied case loads within an itinerate position to provide consultative and direct services to students with disabilities.
- Participates in ongoing staff development, to interact effectively with colleagues and administrators for the imiiplementation of inclusive services for identified students as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience with state of the art assistive technology related to communication.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Evaluation: Performance on this job will be evaluated in accordance with School Board policy and administrative regulations on evaluation of certificated personnel. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. This employee will be required to follow any other instructions and duties as assigned by the building administrator. Northern Neck Regional Board reserves the right to update, review or change this job description and related duties at any time.
Richmond County Public Schools
92 Walnut, Warsaw, VA 22572
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,724 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 9%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.22
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 801