Literacy Interventionist (Pool)
SALARY INFORMATION: SEE CERTIFIED SALARY SCHEDULE
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 40
MONTHS PER YEAR: 9
JOB CODE: 3073
POSITION TYPE: NEW /REPLACEMENT – PERMANENT/REGULAR
LOCATION: THORNTON, CO
This pool position is for anticipated 1.0 fte positions as a Literacy Internventionist.
SUMMARY: To develop, implement, and assess literacy intervention instruction for students through the use of best practices in literacy instruction, including conducting weekly progress monitoring and data analysis of students' progress. On-going collabloration with classroom teachers and all support staff is inherent to this position in an effort to build instructional capacity in the area of literacy among staff. The literacy interventionist will work with the district literacy team, the literacy director, and school stakeholders to increase student achievement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
1. Desing and implement literacy intervention instruction for individual students or small groups of students aligned to district intervention mode. Use data to inform instruction and engage in collaborative decision-making.
2. Collaborate with team members and district leadership to enhance literacy instruction, build capacity among colleagues, and achieve the district goals.
3. Apply knowledge of current research and topics in the area of Reading and Writing.
4. Demonstrate and maintain productive and positive interpersonal skills.
5. Meet the needs of diverse learners.
6. Use a variety of formal and informal assessment tools, including application and analysis of reading assessments such as PALS, KPALS, MAP, and Running Records.
7. Together, with school stakeholders, develop, implement and review READ plans and literacy plans for students as needed.
8. Create a safe, supportive and effective learning enviornment for students.
9. Attend all literacy interventionist team trainings and collaboration sessions.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required: reading major preferred. Master's degree preferred.
- Reading Specialist and/or Linguistically Diverse Education Endorsement(s) preferred.
- Coursework in Linguistically Diverse Education preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of successful teaching experience.
- Successful experience working with adult learners, preferred.
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropritate Colorado Educator License.
- Willingness to pursue a Reading Specialist Endorsement andor Linguistically Diverse Endorsement.
- Ability to travel among school locations.
SALARY INFORMATION (FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES):
- Salary placement on our Certified Salary schedule is dependent on the employees’ education and/or work experience
- Certified/licensed employees will be granted one (1) year for each full year of contractual and/or work experience up to a maximum of ten (10) years, which includes in-district and out-of-district contractual teaching and/or work experience. Responsibility for verification of outside experience shall rest with the individual employee.
- For further explanation of salary placement please refer to our Certified Master agreement that can be found on our district website.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.