Mental Health Coordinator Student Services – Fluent Spanish Skills Required
ADAMS COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT 14
POSITION TITLE: Mental Health Coordinator Student Services – Fluent Spanish Skills Required
Support/Tech 228 days
2020-2021 school year
The Mental Health Coordinator reports to the Director of Student Services and is responsible for the development and coordination of behavioral and mental health supports for buildings and support building personnel on district policies and initiatives as it relates to behavioral and mental health for students with disabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement systems of support for buildings in developing culturally responsive trauma-informed social/emotional learning, intervention and skill acquisition for staff and students to include prevention, intervention and postvention.
- Supervise Special Services Professionals on special assignment, direct service providers and others as assigned.
- Support buildings with the best practice evaluation/assessment of English Language Learners.
- Provide targeted professional development to mental health providers/teachers on enrichment and intervention strategies and best practice.
- Conduct observations to promote accountability for teachers and mental health providers.
- Monitor progress of behavioral improvement and make programming adjustments as necessary to ensure student growth.
- Support teams with the problem solving process.
- Support school leaders with personnel evaluations.
- Evaluate and support special programs and centers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctorate or Master’s degree in School Psychology or School Social Work.
- 5 or more years of experience working with at-risk populations and English Language Learners.
- Must be knowledgeable about researched-based, effective teaching practices, and state content standards, curriculum, inclusive of English Language Development and bilingual education
- Should be knowledgeable about how mental health fits within systems such as Social Emotional Learning, Trauma Informed Teaching, PBIS, and MTSS
- Administrative license or willingness to obtain within agreed upon time(not to exceed 3 years)
- Excellent leadership, coaching, communication and motivational skills to provide teachers and administration with essential supports.
- Bilingual – Spanish - Strongly Preferred
- Certified through the National Association of School Psychologist or Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) license eligible - Preferred
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Frequent lifting 5 (five) to 10 (ten) pounds
Occasional lifting of up fifty (50) pounds.
Frequent sitting, bending, walking, and standing.
Occasional stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching.
Mostly clean and comfortable.
The work environment is high energy.
Physical restraint may be necessary to provide safety for students and others.
May encounter noise, odors or bodily fluids.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Director of Student Services or designee.
Dependent upon education, experience and the Master Agreement.
This job description is not intended to create any express or implied contract of employment or expectancy of continued employment for any definite term.
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act and Colorado law, Adams County School District 14 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates. Inquiries or complaints may be referred to Linda Shamlin, Director of Human Resources, 5291 East 60th Avenue, Commerce City, CO 80022, or to the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 North Speer Blvd., Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204.