Math Specialist (11 month) for the 2020-2021 School Year
Job | Posted 16 days ago
Job Summary: Provides leadership and expertise in mathematics instruction to building level administrators, staff members, and parents to improve student learning in mathematics.
- Collaborates with the building level administration, building level staff, and district level Supervisor of Mathematics in the development and implementation of programs and strategies for the improvement of student achievement in mathematics.
- Provides building level leadership and support to appropriate teachers and paraprofessionals to increase their content knowledge in mathematics and to teach new instructional strategies through consultations with teachers and modeling lessons in teacher's classrooms. (to include special education and inclusion classes).
- Collaborates individually and during common planning time with teachers to plan mathematics by using curriculum maps, and other resources to enhance the success of students and teachers.
- Collaborates with the school ITRT (Instructional Technology Resource Teacher)
- to enhance instruction.
- Coordinates the review process and then the implementation of division-based curriculum materials such as textbooks, problem based instructional materials, and assessment programs such as Leveled Assessments.
- Develops and presents ongoing professional development opportunities for teachers.
- Applicant should hold or be eligible for a Post-Graduate Professional License with a specific endorsement in the area to which assigned
- Applicant with teaching experience must have an acceptable rating from such teaching
- Candidate must be a graduate of an accredited college or university
- Possess or be eligible to acquire appropriate license(s) and/or endorsement(s) for position as required by the Commonwealth of Virginia and School Board
How to Apply: Follow all instructions to complete a Licensed application
Spotsylvania County Public Schools
6717 Smith Station Road , Spotsylvania, VA 22553
At the following locations
To Be Determined
8020 River Stone Drive , Fredericksburg, VA 22407
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,724
% ELL Students
State Average: 9%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.22
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 801