BASE Site Leader - Summer (Temporary)
HOURLY RATE: $14.37
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 30
JOB CODE: 100505
POSITION TYPE: TEMPORARY
LOCATION: THORNTON, CO.
This position start and end date, and hours will be contingent on BASE operating a summer program and the identified start date.
SUMMARY: Lead and supervise children in the BASE Program during education and recreational activities and during field trips. Duties include providing direction, guidance and assistance to students; effectively handling student discipline situations; ensuring student safety and security; communicating with parents, staff, teachers and site director; communicating with parents; opening, closing and securing school building; preparing snacks; cleaning classroom areas; recording attendance; assisting sick or injured students; assisting BASE Program site director with supervision of staff; and creating new activities. This is a TEMPORARY position during the summer months. There are no benefits with this position. Exact dates will be determined by the school calendar and may vary from summer to summer.
Job Tasks Descriptions
1. Supervise, guide and assist students during crafts, art projects, games and other activities to provide developmental stimulation and meet the children’s needs. Monitor student behavior during activities, effectively handle student discipline situations and encourage and support positive behavior.
2. Observe the children and monitor the security of the building at all times to ensure the children’s health and safety. Distribute medicine to students as directed and provide general First Aid when needed.
3. Create interesting and educational activities to engage the interest of students.
4. Assist BASE Program director with supervising BASE Program site aides including assisting with interviewing, hiring and training employees. In the absence of the site director, supervise and maintain order of staff and students and report any problem to site director upon his/her return.
5. Communicate with parents, staff, teachers and site director regarding child or program issues. Record attendance and contact parents regarding absent students.
6. Call parents to get authorization for an unauthorized adult to pick up the student from the program. Check identification of adult.
7. Open and close school building and secure school building at the end of the program by locking doors and turning off lights.
8. Prepare snacks and clean the activity and kitchen areas after use.
9. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum of 6 months of experience in supervising and monitoring students.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• CPR, First Aid and Universal Precautions Certifications are required within 90 days after entering position. Will be required to take medication administration training as needed.
• Must complete current state required annual continuing education (presently 15 hours minimum) related to one or more of the following: child growth and development, health and safe environment, developmentally appropriate practices, guidance, family relationships, cultural and individual diversity, and professionalism.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1. All Newly hired classified employees are placed initially on Step 1 of the pay grade for their position. Classified employees can advance an additional 5 steps (maximum Step 6) based on their previous experience. See our Classified Salary Schedule.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date).
To learn more about our benefits, please see our Benefits Overview.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.