Reports to: Director of Maintenance
Salary: $10.00 - $11.00 Hourly
Education: High School Diploma
FLSA : Non-Exempt
Landscape or maintain grounds of property using hand or power tools or equipment. All landscaping equipment is furnished by the school system. Workers typically perform a variety of tasks, which may include any combination of the following: sod laying, mowing, trimming, planting, watering, fertilizing, digging, and ranking
1) Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing and removing thatch, and trimming and edging around flower beds, walks, and walls.
2) Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
3) Mow and edge lawns, using power mowers and edgers.
4) Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, and shrubs, and apply mulch for protection, using gardening tools.
5) Attach wires from planted trees to support stakes.
6) Follow planned landscaping designs to determine where to lay sod, sow grass, or plant flowers and foliage.
8) Plan and cultivate lawns and gardens.
9) Prune and trim trees, shrubs, and hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
10) Rake, mulch, and compost leaves.
11) Trim and pick flowers, and clean flower beds.
12) Water lawns, trees, and plants, using portable sprinkler systems, hoses, or watering cans.
13) Operate powered equipment such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chain-saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws.
14) Use hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge and brush trimmers, and axes.