Middle School Counselor - BMS
Basalt Middle School seeks a School Coounselor for the 2020-21 School Year and beyond. CDE licensure (or the ability to obtain) in one-or-more of the following areas is required: Counselor, Social Worker or Psychologist. This position works a 185 day contract, with full benefits included! The specific scope and duties of, and qualifications for, this position are variable, depending credentials of the individual hired, but are certain to include the following:
The School Counselor is responsible for the creation, provision, evaluation and school-wide integration of comprehensive counseling services that identify and address the academic, psychosocial, and college/career needs of all students. The Counselor is also a key team-member in the management and support of the CREW advisory model (see link under qualifications below).
- Candidates must posses or be immediately eligible to obtain an active CDE-issued Counselor License. Active licensure and work experience as a School Counselor specifically are highly desired.
- Strong organizational skills
- Candidates must demonstrate a dedication to meaningful, ‘360-degree’ student and community engagement. Candidates must adhere to the tenets of the CREW advisory model, and must personally model RFSD’s Habits of Scholar. For more information on CREW, see:
- At least three years of counseling experience in a high school or collegiate environment is desired, but not required.
- Bilingualism in Spanish and English is highly desired.
- Top-tier candidates will demonstrate the ability to engage with and motivate a diverse student body, as well as a commitment to data and team driven decision-making.
Why Work for Roaring Fork Schools? Mary says it all! Check us out at: https://youtu.be/nYEsuFVucJ8