Registration Specialist - Secondary
MINIMUM HOURLY RATE: $18.19
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 40
MONTHS PER YEAR: 10
JOB CODE: 1303
POSITION TYPE: REPLACEMENT – REGULAR
LOCATION: THORNTON, CO.
SUMMARY: Responsible for the administration, coordination and communication of the student and course registration process and master schedule. Responsible for accurate student database information and related reports.
Job Tasks Descriptions
1. Maintain, monitor and manage an accurate student database according to federal and state laws and district policies and procedures. Add new students, withdraw students, change schedules and update personal information (parent/guardian, address, phone numbers, emergency contacts, etc.). Maintain accurate class lists. Retrieve, compile, download and provide data for reports, both internal and external, such as, but not limited to, course distribution, GP awards, enrollment projections, student funding, transportation needs, enrollment counts, testing, October Count, CDE reports, etc. Responsible for grade and progress reporting by ensuring teachers have properly entered all grades for their students. Oversee the distribution and processing of grade reporting cycles. Ensure report cards and progress cards are printed and mailed at appropriate times.
2. Coordinate the student enrollment process by obtaining required paperwork, such as out of district records, birth certificates, etc., explaining school/district policies and procedures, establishing an appropriate schedule for the student and arranging for registration informational meetings if necessary. Mails student records and requested, purges files and/or arranges for microfilming.
3. Assist in building the master schedule by inputting student course and schedule requests into the system, analyzing conflicts, performing schedule runs and using tools within student database software to develop a desired schedule. Ensure that each student has a complete and accurate schedule for the new year. Make student schedule corrections and changes as appropriate.
4. Coordinate and oversee the course registration/pre-intent process by compiling, typing, verifying data and arranging for the printing of all registration materials; organizing conferences if needed; preparing and distributing all registration materials; and collecting schedule choices from students. Collaborate and establish timelines, both internal and external, for transitioning middle school students.
5. Coordinates, provides support for and/or participates in student registration/progress events such as back-to-school nights, open houses, arena registration, parent/teacher conferences, orientations, college nights, registrations conferences, etc. Duties may include preparing materials, handouts, agendas, newsletters and the program planning book; arranging for staff coverage; creating signs/posters; making room arrangements; and publicizing the event.
6. Perform other duties as assigned. May answer phones, take and deliver messages, greet and direct visitors, respond to requests for information and schedule appointments as needed. May be responsible for planning, assigning and directing work of other staff.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
• Minimum of 4 years experience in clerical support positions. Registrar experience preferred.
• Minimum of 1 year of MS Office applications experience (Excel/Word).
• Minimum of 1 year District Student Information System data entry experience preferred.
• Experience working with students preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• District student database certification preferred. Must be obtained within 6 months after entering position.
• District Student Information System training required within one month after entering position.
• Required attendance at continuing education courses as appropriate.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
• Customer service skills.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations.
• Knowledge of District and school policies and procedures preferred.
• Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies and building and department procedures.
• Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds.
• Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1. All Newly hired classified employees are placed initially on Step 1 of the pay grade for their position. Classified employees can advance an additional 5 steps (maximum Step 6) based on their previous experience. See our Classified Salary Schedule.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date).
To learn more about our benefits, please see our Benefits Overview.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.