HOURLY RATE: $13.28
MONTHS PER YEAR: 12
JOB CODE: 1106
POSITION TYPE: REPLACEMENT – TEMPORARY
Temporary position; Hourly rate $13.28
Evening shift with varying locations and hours
Summer daytime shifts may be available.
SUMMARY: Responsible for the cleanliness, sanitation, security and basic maintenance of the assigned school building, grounds and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum of 18 years of age.
• No experience required; experience in general cleaning, chemical handling and customer service preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• Ability to successfully complete a pre-hire, post-offer physical examination.
• BOCES (safety) and AHERA (asbestos) training required within 3 months after entering position.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
• Ability to acquire skills necessary to operate various types of cleaning equipment.
• Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies and building and department procedures.
• Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people, including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds.
• Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
• Operating knowledge of basic custodial equipment preferred at hire; required within 3 months after entering position.
• Responsible for addressing the individuals’ complaints and resolving their problems.
BUDGET AND/OR RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
• This job has no budgetary responsibilities.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1. All Newly hired classified employees are placed initially on Step 1 of the pay grade for their position. Classified employees can advance an additional 5 steps (maximum Step 6) based on their previous experience. See our Classified Salary Schedule.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date).
To learn more about our benefits, please see our Benefits Overview.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.