HOURLY RATE: $13.28
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 20
MONTHS PER YEAR: 12
JOB CODE: 1105
POSITION TYPE: REPLACEMENT – REGULAR
LOCATION: THORNTON, CO.
Evening shift. Location-TBD
Entry-level hourly wage: $13.28 per hour up to $16.18 (based on HR-approved experience). Please refer to the classified salary schedule on our district website for additional information.
Additional pay for 2nd shift differential, uniform, and coat allowance.
Adams 12 only accepts Custodian applicants through this central posting. If you are an internal custodian and interested in a specific school vacancy, please submit through the custodial vacancy notice.
If you are internal from other departments or external please submit your application here, once you have been offered a job and gone through initial training, you will have access to apply for school-specific job opportunities.
SUMMARY: Responsible for the cleanliness, sanitation, security and basic maintenance of the assigned school area, building, grounds and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The frequency and percentage of time may vary based on building assignment.
1. Perform cleaning duties including removing trash and cleaning and/or sanitizing of all location’s facilities, including, but not limited to, classrooms, restrooms, hallways, stairwells, common areas, offices, cafeteria, gymnasium, media center, locker rooms, auditoriums, stages and custodial offices/storage areas. .
2. Assists with staff, public, students, teachers and community groups using the building during assigned shift. May perform set up and tear down of audio visual equipment, move furniture, assist users with setup and testing equipment, train users as needed, and troubleshoot any audio visual problems to ensure functionality. Answers questions, responds to requests and/or direct individuals to appropriate individuals or building areas.
3. Assists with building operation for building use and events, including setting up, cleaning up, locking/unlocking areas for access and supporting individuals using building areas. Secure doors and turn out lights.
4. May perform building and site safety and operational checks, including inspecting for hazards, wild animals, graffiti and vandalism. Respond to fire alarm and burglar alarms. Report findings to supervisor.
5. Assist with mowing; edging; tree trimming; removing snow, ice and gravel; and cleaning outside windows, doors and lighting Clean debris from fence areas.
6. Communicate with Supervisor about issues, supplies and needs for department either verbally or through a written communication log. Maintain radio contact.
7. Perform seasonal, summer and project cleaning as planned and assigned by Supervisor.
8. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Must be a mminimum of 18 years of age.
• No experience required; experience in general cleaning, chemical handling and customer service preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• Ability to successfully complete a pre-hire, post-offer, physical examination.
• Safety, pesticide and AHERA (asbestos) training required within 6 months after entering position and attend follow-up training ongoing.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1. All Newly hired classified employees are placed initially on Step 1 of the pay grade for their position. Classified employees can advance an additional 5 steps (maximum Step 6) based on their previous experience. See our Classified Salary Schedule.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date).
To learn more about our benefits, please see our Benefits Overview.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.