English as a Second Language (Elementary and Middle School)
Job | Posted a month ago
- To develop and implement an instructional program that will effectively provide the best possible education for each student.
- Must hold or be eligible for a Virginia teaching license, with endorsement appropriate to the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be familiar with curriculum and subject matter. Should be able to communicate effectively with students, staff and parents.
- Must be able to maintain a disciplined atmosphere appropriate to the teaching environment.
GENERAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and plans a program of study that meets the individual needs of students.
- Implements all curriculum programs adopted system wide in a positive and efficient manner.
- Establishes clear learning objectives for all learning experiences and communicates these objectives to the students.
- Evaluates pupil accomplishments on a regular basis and promptly prepares required reports.
- Diagnoses learning problems of students appropriate to the level of achievement and assists with developing a plan for improvement.
- Makes use of a variety of resources, materials, and methods in an effort to improve the effectiveness of instruction.
- Other duties as assigned.
Terms of Employment:
- 200 days a year.
- Salary according to School Board Pay Plan
- Performance on this job will be evaluated in accordance with School Board policy and administrative regulations on evaluation of certificated personnel.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and duties as assigned by the school administrator. Richmond County Public Schools reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.
Richmond County School Board does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Sarah M. Schmidt,Ed.D 92, Walnut Street, P. O. Box 1507, Warsaw, VA 22572, 804-333-3681.
Richmond County Public Schools
92 Walnut, Warsaw, VA 22572
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,724 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 9%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.22
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 801