SALARY INFORMATION: Grade L10 ($66,992 - 90,636)
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 40
MONTHS PER YEAR: 12
JOB CODE: 3053
POSITION TYPE: REPLACEMENT
LOCATION: Thornton, CO
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is a caring, inclusive, and engaging district in Thornton, CO which exists so the students it serves can attain the knowledge and skills necessary to pursue the future of their choosing and are equipped to navigate and thrive in our rapidly changing world.
Our mission is to engage and inspire all students to innovate, achieve and succeed in a safe environment by ensuring high-quality instruction in every classroom, every day.SUMMARY: Responsible for managing the budgeting functions within the district to include financial planning and forecasting, departmental and school budgets and other funds. Works to continuously improve upon the soundness and compliance with the district’s budgeting and forecasting policies and procedures and develops and promotes positive relationships with customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Responsible for initiating and implementing sound budgetary practices to manage all budgeting functions of the district. Work to identify, adopt and implement prevailing budgeting practices in order to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness. Responsible for ensuring the proper maintenance of budget control systems in order to safeguard district assets.
2. Manage and analyze district budget data to ensure informed decision making. Prepare and submit, in an accurate, complete and timely manner, all reports for the Colorado Department of Education.
3. Maintain, review and develop budget controls applicable to each individual school and department throughout each fiscal year. Provide budget development training and support to schools and departments. Serves as advisor with District stakeholders for budget related training, general information and budgetary assistance.
4. Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of the district Annual Financial Plan and Budget in conformity with state laws, Colorado Department of Education requirements, Board of Education policies and governmental budgeting best practices.
5. Lead the process of completing the district’s multi-year financial plan and train budget staff on forecasting modeling tool.
6. Responsible for assuring that Board of Education policies pertaining to budgeting are implemented and enforced. Responsible for recommending and implementing changes as appropriate.
7. Manage position control processes; conduct analysis of salary and benefit expenditures.
8. Direct human resource activities for budget staff; hire, manage, mentor, discipline, terminate; accordingly ensure professional development and conduct evaluations
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field preferred.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience, K-12 school district or governmental agency experience preferred. Three (3) to five (5) years of progressively responsible budget experience.
• Leadership experience preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
BUDGET AND/OR RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
• Assist the CFO in development of the department budget for Financial Services.