Special Education Teaching Assistant
COWETA PUBLIC SCHOOLS
2020 - 2021 SCHOOL YEAR
The following position is open for application at this time and will remain open until filled:
Special Education Teacher Assistant at Southside Elementary School
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED. Creativity and effective problem solving are important to working with a team to make operation run smoothly and efficiently. Job requires occasional bending/stooping/squatting/crouching/kneeling, climbing, reaching above the shoulder and pushing/pulling. Job requires occasional carrying/lifting up to 50 pounds. Job requires employee to use both hands for repetitive actions involving simple/firm grasping and fine manipulation. Employee must possess hearing and speaking abilities to monitor equipment and communicate with employees, students, and parents. The Board of Education and Superintendent may approve alternatives to the listed qualifications.
Paraprofessional Certification is REQUIRED (Coweta Public Schools can help hired applicant obtain this certification).
CONTRACT: 175 days, 7 hours per day. Contracted days will be pro-rated to remaining contracted days for the current school year.
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and other policies available. This position is eligible to participate in Oklahoma Teachers Retirement.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
EVALUATED BY: Building Principal
SUPERVISES: Does not supervise
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assignments will vary throughout the district. Teacher assistants may be assigned to an individual teacher or to a variety of teachers.
- Assist teachers by providing for individual student needs.
- Assist teachers as needed, especially with in-classroom tutoring and preparation of classroom materials, inventories and all reports as required.
- Serve on duty schedule as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor or Superintendent.