Special Education Teacher - Generalist
We are searching for a dynamic and results-driven Special Education teacher to join the Innovations & Options team. This position serves students with mild to moderate needs in all three of our Academies, as well as our Flex program, which supports students from across the district that have been expelled.
About Innovations & Options Academies in 27J
Innovations & Options is one high school campus that houses three distinct Academies: BOLT Academy, Heritage Academy, and Bridge Academy. While each program has its own unique characteristics, goals, and programming models, we share a common vision to build an innovative learning community that empowers individuals and creates diverse opportunities for all.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Has a passion for working with high school aged youth and building positive relationships
- Is entrepreneurial and enjoys having autonomy, flexibility and accountability in their job
- Contributes to the team with new ideas to grow our school and programs
- Is willing to “wear many hats” as part of a small team
- Is adept at managing change and uncertainty in a continuous improvement environment
- Strives to be the best at what they do and has fun along the way
- Perform comprehensive case management duties for all students on assigned caseload. Duties include, but not limited to:
- co-planning and collaboration with general education classroom teachers to ensure accommodations and modifications are appropriate based on student needs,
- implementing IEP services both with direct and indirect supports,
- maintaining positive relationships and contact with parents, and
- writing/updating IEPs that are compliant.
- Serve as mentor and teacher in an Advisory class with topics around college, career, and character
- Teach and work with a diverse population
- Participation in staff development activities, staff meetings, and other assigned duties
- A valid Colorado Department of Education Teaching License - Special Education.
- Experience working with students with disabilities at the high school level preferred.
- Experience working with at-risk youth and young adults helpful.
Application Procedure: Apply to www.workat27j.com.
External applicants please upload a current teaching license and transcripts.
27J Current Contracted Teachers: use the Internal Application and provide a maximum of 2 years previous work experience. Substitutes are considered External applicants.
All future correspondence will be handled via the email address you provide in your online application. Check your In-Box and SPAM folder.
- All 27J postings close at 4:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time