SPED Generalist - Behavior Emphasis (split between Thunder Mnt. & Fruitvale)
Job | Posted a month ago
Candidate will spend equal time in both assigned buildings, Thunder Mountain & Fruitvale Elementary Schools
- Candidate will work with administration at both schools to determine schedules
- Candidate will case manage students with social, emotional and behavioral needs.
- Candidate will work with MTSS and IEP teams to assess social, emotional, and behavioral needs of student
- Candidate will write Behavior Implementation Plans with function based interventions.
- Candidate will help train staff on individual behavior interventions to keep students in general education.
prior to school starting to ensure success for all of our students.
This teacher will be split between two schools to increase the capacity in behavioral programming. This capacity will lead to students with behavioral needs staying in their home schools and receiving the programming necessary to gain access to general education.
Must have or be eligible for Colorado Teaching License with Special Education Generalist endorsement
Mesa County Valley School District 51
2115 GRAND AVENUE, GRAND JUNCTION, CO 81501-8063
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,278 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 12%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 17.36
% IEP Students
State Average: 11%
State Average: 415