Early Childhood Special Education Teacher/Intensive Flex
27J's Bright Beginnings Preschool is seeking an ECSE teacher to work in 27J Schools Intensive Flex (IF) Preschool Program, located at the Brighton Learning and Resource Campus (BLRC). The IF Preschool Program serves SSN students, students with autism, and typical peers through the Colorado Preschool Program (CPP) and Tuition Program. This position requires collaboration with other IF teachers at Bright Beginnings to provide fluid movement of SSN and ASD students between the IF classrooms and typical classrooms. This is a very unique position housed in a preschool only location with a highly collaborative, veteran, and effective team!
- Experience in providing children from birth to age 5 with direct instruction, assessment and IEP implementation.
- Experience working with SSN students and/or ASD students and experience collaborating with other teachers and service providers to provide best education experience for students preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience in developing, organizing and implementing preschool programming for children 3-5 with and without disabilities, high risk language delayed children, and children with special needs as a part of a teacher team
- A valid CDE Certificate/License in Early Childhood Special Education.
- Knowledge and/or experience in assessment and prescriptive teaching in planning specific developmentally appropriate curricular goals/activities for children with the ability to develop and organize carry-over activities for children with follow-up support for parents
- Willingness to complete necessary requirements as a part of the Colorado Preschool Program.
- The ability and interest to be part of a high-functioning team.
- Ability to provide leadership/training/and supervision to group leaders in the implementation of curriculum.
- The ability to handle many complex tasks simultaneously.
- The ability and interest to learn continuously and to adapt to changing circumstances (student characteristics, curriculum, and so on).
- A belief in empowering all children as owners of their learning.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- ESL experience or training preferred
- CPR Certification preferred
Application Procedure: Apply to www.workat27j.com.
External applicants: Please upload a current resume, a current teaching license, and transcripts
27J Current Contracted Teachers: use the Internal Application, upload a current resume and provide a maximum of 2 years previous work experience. Substitutes are considered External applicants.
- All future correspondence will be handled via the email address you provided in your online application. Check your In-Box and SPAM folder.
All 27J postings close at 4:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time